Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Gloomis GL3 and Stradic MgFB for $100

Post Thanks / Like

Default Gloomis GL3 and Stradic MgFB for $100

I ran into a guy who was in trouble with his wife for buying too much fishing tackle. He sold me this combo for $100. Rod looks like it was never touched and the reel is nearly new. It was spooled with 15 lb power pro which is worth another $20 bucks. New, all that comes to nearly $500. Sweet deal. The rod is 7 ft 2 piece ML. Just the setup I like, but I have to say that this being the first Gloomis I have had, I would never spend $220 for that rod. It's no better than My IM8's from GM that I spent $50 and $60 for. It's light, but not lighter than the GM's and the guides are too big and the tip is a little too floppy for a ML action rod. It is an excellent rod, but it's worth about $120, not $220. I'm thinking of selling the rod. I could easily sell the rod alone for $100 and have the reel for free.
    Good things come to those who bait.

Post Thanks / Like

I own quite a few loomis rods and will never buy a GL3 ever again....they're too heavy and like you stated...the eyes were to big. I bought one from a guy a couple years back, used it a couple times and sold it.GL3's are not worth anything to me....it's either IMX or GLX

Post Thanks / Like

Quite a haul buddy! Way to go and congrats on that find!

BTW I just spooled some of the new or sort of new spider wire Ultracast Invisi-Braid and is said to almost be invisible under water and got to try it for the first time Sunday. We didn't catch a lot because we went to a spot that they had been killing them for a month plus the full moon was very bright so figure they filled up that night. Still we did okay and caught some nice crappie and one white bass about 3 pounds. It's a bit higher than the regular, but I think worth a try.

Have to agree some with post above that their top of the line rod is really something, but very high cost.

Crud forgot to tell you one little thing on high end equipment. I have bought 2 of the Shimano Sustain 1000FE reels and have to say these are some kind of great. The smoothest reels I have even had the privilege of turning the handle on. I was lucky and found them on ebay for like $100 less than Cabela's or any place else and if you ever get an offer on any of them and don't want them call me, LOL! Oh and I also have about 4 older Sustains and they are not in the same boat, still excellent reels, but this new model is unbelievable.

Seems I can't get out all I want to tell you, LOL! The one other thing is this line is white like the Berkley braid they came out with a could years back, but I think this is better.

Congrats on your great deal guy,

Skip
    Last edited by skiptomylu; 03-21-2011 at 01:47 PM.

Peak Vise Dealer
    Tying Materials, Chenille and Hackle
    For Pictures of my Crystal, Nylon/Rayon or
    New Age Chenille Please PM Me! Also I
    have the Saltwater Neck Hackle and some
    colors of Marabou plus other things!