Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: On board battery charger: Is there any way to fix them?

Post Thanks / Like

Question On board battery charger: Is there any way to fix them?

I have a ProSport 12 and it will not turn on. It appears to be a sealed unit without any way to take it apart. So, if it doesn't work, throw it away. However, before I did that I wanted to check and see if you guys had any experience with something like this?

Thanks,
    BN65

Post Thanks / Like

The last thing to do before throwing it away.Make sure you are getting voltage to it.

Post Thanks / Like

ProMariner is going to want you to check the power at the end of your extension cord. Do that and then give them a call at
    1-800-824-0524

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CatFan View Post
    ProMariner is going to want you to check the power at the end of your extension cord. Do that and then give them a call at
    1-800-824-0524
    Thanks for the help ... I called. They want me to ship it to them and they will take a look at it. They potted the back of the charger so there is no way to get to anything. They told me that if they can fix it that they will and they will not charge me anything to do it? I got to admit I am a bit skeptical ... if it sounds to good to be true ... however, we will see. I am going to buy another battery to go in the boat so I am going to have to upgrade to a 3 bank charger and they said if I bought one from them I would get a break because I could trade in the one that doesn't work.

Overall it didn't sound too bad but I guess I will take a wait and see attitude and see how this thing turns out.

Post Thanks / Like

Mine ouit working and promariner told me when i called them last wed. that it could not be fixed and by best out was to throw it away and buy a new one so i did becouse time u pay shippin to get it there and then pay shippin to get it back u are half way there good luck.