Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Yellow Creek Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Yellow Creek Lake

Have started doing a little research on this lake before fishing it for the first time and came across this:

Talk about a teaser - no wonder the musky and tiger musky program didn't work on this lake!! The crappie were eating the musky - the ultimate role reversal. :D

Bob G is offline Moderator Keystone Crappie Association Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Those are a couple of nice crappie!!!!!!!! I talked to a guy in september, he told me his father had picked up a 17incher in the spring on that lake and there were others that were reported that were slightly larger. This is second hand info so who knows. I can tell you though that the fish that I have caught there are nice. My son caught the biggest so far a 13.5". I think the fishing should be great at our next meeting. The fish should be feeding heavily this time of year.
    Bob Griffith
    Ice Team Power Stick
    Clam Corp. Pro Staff
    Keystone Crappie Association member

Post Thanks / Like

That is a picture from net results the Commis. did. Looks like the lake has a strong population of black crappie, but few white crappie. Walleyes must have the highest numbers, they netted quite a few and all were legal size.
    Looking forward to Nov..............

Post Thanks / Like

Zimmy - Were on the lake were you picking up fish on your last trip, compared to were they were found on Sunday? You said up to the north ramp - which one is that?

I'll be spending a few days on that lake next year.

Post Thanks / Like

Big Zig, The North launch is half way down the Lake , there is some cabins and picnic Area there. On the first day there we picked them up just off the handicapped fishing pier just next to the launch, and down the lake toward the launch were we meet. Lots of wood about 16-18' deep. On Sunday we tried there but they had lock jaw so I went down to the dam on see alot of bait fish on the top of the water picked up two big Bass and that pike and 4 crappies and 3 perch in 16-25' of water relating to underwater humps. You need to rent a cabin for a long weekend and try it , Make sure you tell Bob and myself when and will come over and show you how to caught them, Ha Ha Buddy Or make up some TNT jigs when they don't bite. See ya bud, Zimmy