Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: MinnKota Terrova™ 80 Universal Sonar 2 Bow-Mount Trolling Motor with i-Pilot and Foot

Post Thanks / Like

Default MinnKota Terrova™ 80 Universal Sonar 2 Bow-Mount Trolling Motor with i-Pilot and Foot

Broke the trolling motor and thinking about upgrading.

Was wondering if anyone here has one of these or have used them before. Seems like a pretty perfect set up and could be very useful. Not real sure on how easy it would be to use the remote, but if user friendly that could be very convenient.

Cabela's: MinnKota Terrova™ 80 Universal Sonar 2 Bow-Mount Trolling Motor with i-Pilot and Foot Pedal

Post Thanks / Like

I've got one in 45", love it. Great tool. I don't know how the foot control works or if it works at all. I have run it with the remote only so far.

Post Thanks / Like

I just got one last fall, so far it has been good. I have not learned all the features yet but hopefully will soon. The remote is awesome when trolling. Spot lock is good, it will keep you on a piece of structure however if you try to use it to fish a particular tree, that won't happen. I still like it because it will keep my partner close while i am busy landing a fish or whatever. I don't believe you will be disappointed, go for it!

Post Thanks / Like

I have one, it has nice features works great for trolling open water but it depends most on the type of fishing you do. If you mainly work in and around timber I would look at other options

Post Thanks / Like

I have had mine since late last summer. It is a great unit and works extremely well for all types of Crappie fishing. I do allot of trolling in the summer months and the ability to lock in a speed and maintain it, keeps the lures right in the strike zone.
    I also really utilize the spot lock feature a ton. Fishing windy points when the crappie are stacked up on the down wind side is a breeze. I use the remote more than the foot pedal and can be anywhere in the boat and still have full control. The spot lock is really nice, position the boat into the wind and just tap the anchor button on the remote. The boat will move some due to GPS accuracy but never far enough to get in to trouble or to pull you way off the fish.

Post Thanks / Like

I've noticed that too. If you think your gonna stay in a five foot circle with the wind blowing and changing directions-forget it. But, I have used to it to hold me on my path/area while I rerig or get lines untangled. It's really handy for that.

It's not foolproof, but it's really nice. I'd buy another one.

Post Thanks / Like

We got one last year, very nice. Haven't used all of the features but really like the remote and spot lock. I got a Lowe FM175 with the high sides and it will keep you close enough to a spot to fish in the wind and wakes. I would buy another. But we do use slip bobbers a lot, it'll keep you in the general area.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

UPS just delivered one to my door this afternoon....I will be installing it Thursday.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

I think you will like it G. I need to hook up the foot control just to see if it will work. I really like that remote.

Just to add, I had been worried about the head bouncing up and down real bad going down the road and whatnot. I have not been in bigger type waves/chop with it yet, but over wakes/small chop/transport I have no need for the support bar.