Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: What Temp. or depth is best

Post Thanks / Like

Default What Temp. or depth is best

OK what temp. do you find best for spring crappies ? Going to a new lake today and I looked at the topo,s and located the points and depths so I am trying to sabe a little time. Going to watch the finder for fish and see what the depth and temps are. The lake doesnt have a lot of visable cover but shows alot of submereged cover, what do you look for ?

Thanks alot

Stan

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I would look for the warmest water in the lake. Even a 1 or 2 degree difference will hold crappie. Look for any small creeks running in the the lake as the running water will be warmer. Long points are another good place that holds crappie as they will have warmer water too. If you find any bait the crappie will be near. Good luck.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

This lake is only 25 feet deep with a mudd bottom in the deepest parts there is one point that comes out of a cove that looks promising on the topo and the lake reports says that area holds submereged vegitation and is about 15 feet deep off the point so thats probably where I will head first and see what the finder looks like.

Post Thanks / Like

The Northwest coves always are the warmest in the Spring. I would look there first and check the water temp and see if it is in the 60-65 degree range. I would look for bedding fish and use a twister tail body and a steady retrive to excite the fish. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks, Guys
    Stan