Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Crappie thunder rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crappie thunder rods

just curious if anyone has used Bass Pro shops Wally Marshall crappie thunder rods. I have two but the water is still hard up here and i havnt used them yet. The reviews on BPS websight are not very good and im kind of worried (not that there is anything i can do now lol)

Post Thanks / Like

Default I have 1 and enjoy it so far.

I have a 12' and plan to get a 10' today.
    I feel they are quality, I like the yellow tip on mine, still trying to get happy with the reel but I about got it understood.

For the money it is a good rod for the type fishing I do.
    C'Ville

Post Thanks / Like

Everyone has different likes and dislikes. I'm sure they are probably fine.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Got the 10'

Just got home from BPS with my new 10' Wally Marshall.

Post Thanks / Like

I bought 2 12' on sale for $29.99 with the reel, the poles are very fragile, both of mine broke within 3 trips, they are very thin walled and both broke in the same spot on the top section just below the bottom eye. I may have bought into a defective batch. Good luck I would not recomend them to anyone.

Post Thanks / Like

I Like them. Lightweight and nice backbone. I used mine this week to land some nice slabs. Love the higlighted tip.

Post Thanks / Like

I have two of the 10 footers and love them. The rods are extremely sensitive and I have landed some nice fish with them. I did however replace the reel with a small Abu Garcia spinning reel.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snookinman View Post
    I bought 2 12' on sale for $29.99 with the reel, the poles are very fragile, both of mine broke within 3 trips, they are very thin walled and both broke in the same spot on the top section just below the bottom eye. I may have bought into a defective batch. Good luck I would not recomend them to anyone.
    same here snookinman mine broke the same way...but i love the rod i dont use the reel i put on a small spinning reel and troll roadrunners and i love the way the pole feels...nice thing with the long rod you can cast far with the spinning reel, using light tackle

Post Thanks / Like

I have 2 10's and 2 12's and they are several years old, they are fine for floating corks with big bobber and "0" split shot and you can tight line with up to 1 oz but not any more or the tip will be in water. I have had no issues with them.

Post Thanks / Like

I got a friend that has two of them and he has caught a boat load of fish and no problems. The reels are not to good though.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast