Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Sycamore 3-19-11

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sycamore 3-19-11

On the water 1030 75% clouds with brisk NE wind. Water temp 59-61. Water stained green to clear. Jigged some laydowns and deeper cover with no luck. Trolled deeper water with no luck. Moved into some shallower water, 4-5' and began trolling towards deeper water. Started catching in 8fow. Red/chart and junebug/chart seemed best today. Fish seemed to shutdown when sun came out and wind layed down around 2. Cleaned 30 with 12 over 10" and a couple of 2lbers.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the detailed report! I went to Cedar today. Caught 5 ten inchers and a bunch of throwbacks. Think I will try Sycamore tomorrow.
    Luck favors the prepared.-Louis Pasteur

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sycamore

Fished sycamore yesterday and today. Yesterday caught 23 casting chartreuse jigs in 8-10 ft of water. Only four real keepers. Today wife and I caught 45 by 1:00 still no good fish only 5 over 10. Started trolling in 10ft caught a few. Ended up casting chartreuse jigs again into 5 to 6 ft letting it fall into creek channels they would hammer it on the drop. Water temp avg 60 degrees. Seems like the males are moving up starting on the beds.

Post Thanks / Like

fished browns today and caught I don't know how many 9.5 inchers. only a seven keepers. black and chart. fished tops of trees in 4-6 ft of water. would not hit a float and fly. had to cast jig into the top and slow roll it back to the boat. caught most fish on the drop. tried to got shallower thinking the females would have been shallow but the opposite was true. only dinks up on the bank. kinda frustrating when you catch 30 9 inch fish in 2 hours. suggestions?

Post Thanks / Like

Looks like they are starting to get more active. I hope some of these short fish are being kept on Sycamore as it will help the lake. Three years ago it was next to impossible to catch a fish over 8". Since they took off the length limit the fish have been getting progressivly better. I wish they would do the same at Browns for a few years as it is FULL of short fish with big eyes. I think it would also help the efforts in establishing a 'trophy bass' lake.

Post Thanks / Like

maybe i need to fish sycamore this afternoon. i have not fished it much at all. going to try to get on the maps in a min and see if I can figure out how to avoid the wind.

Post Thanks / Like

Lakes are getting crowded might have to start keeping a little tighter lipped on my reports. Had a guy ask me today if he could follow me and show him a few things wouldnt have been a problem if he hadn't been holding a gps and have three buddies with him

Post Thanks / Like

They have been getting crowded. I think this is due to the river being so out of wack right now. Several I talked to said such. I've noticed this in the past. Once it calms down the watershed traffic will slow down. The guys following w/gps is pretty incredible. You could've charged a guide fee, lol.