Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: march 17 walk around the lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default march 17 walk around the lake

well my fishing season has officialy started yesterday!the crappies were biting real good!i caught at least 4 keeper sized ones,and a lot of smaller ones.also caught a few bluegills and lmb.i ran outa room for more than the 4 pics i took on my phone.and didn't get any bluegills or bass pics.I brought my small fly rod with me along with a spinning outfit,and caught some crappies and bluegills on a black/green streamer fly i tied this winter.i wanted to catch some crappies on a crankbait for a change and used a tiny brownish looking one because i was catching them good on some baits i poured this winter that turned out more brownish than yellow.after i started throwin that tiny crank,i started catching some small bass and i did get a crappie on it.but i think i caught the most fish on small brown baits i poured from one of the recent molds i ordered.bluegills liked the plastics and i caught a 3" bass on it before i left :D here's some pics on my FB Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More i so can't wait to get out again but i will be goin up north for another chemo week Doh

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Way to go with the fish. Glad you could get out a little.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

glad you got out and caught a few fish
    fishing from the couch in front of the tv doesnt count

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

it is nice to hear that somebody is catching fish so maybe our spring it's on its way.

www.bobsjigs.com

Post Thanks / Like

yah this past week was kind of chilly,but by mid next week temps are goin start coming up again.glad to be back home and done with the week of poison!

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bxn View Post
    yah this past week was kind of chilly,but by mid next week temps are goin start coming up again.glad to be back home and done with the week of poison!
    I wish it would warm up here every time it gets warm it will snow the next day hopefully spring will come one of these days.

www.bobsjigs.com