Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Ozark Rods

Post Thanks / Like

Default Ozark Rods

Does anyone know what is up with the Ozark Rod company?

I have been trying to get a tip for my 10' rod for two months now. I have been on the phone with different people that work there mutiple times and they all say you should be receiving it in a day or two, I will check on it and call you back with a tracking number, or some other story.

Post Thanks / Like

most likely slow boat from china no joke intended !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jigging15 is offline Moderator MO OT and MO Tournaments * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Big George View Post
    most likely slow boat from china no joke intended !!!!!!!!!!!!!
    You are correct on this one. Tony and another rod company both had issues last year on getting rods here. China and Japan I believe it is are in the middle of a graphite war. Don't look for rod prices to go down anytime soon either.

Post Thanks / Like

The rods were in port last week so they should be available in the next few days,the days of Tony not having product are over there are a couple of new people involved and that should make it alot easier for tony to keep inventory,don't lose faith better days are ahead.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

dkb23 is offline Moderator Illinois Forum and Supermod
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Jigging15 View Post
    You are correct on this one. Tony and another rod company both had issues last year on getting rods here. China and Japan I believe it is are in the middle of a graphite war. Don't look for rod prices to go down anytime soon either.
    That's ok..........we need more expensive rods.....along with food, gas, taxes, ect. Just what we need.:rolleyes:Thumbs Up
    If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles.:rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks for the update bugman. I sure wish they would have told me that when I placed my order. It is not like I would have been upset, but when you are told one thing multiple times and it doesn't happen, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by rlduckhntr View Post
    Thanks for the update bugman. I sure wish they would have told me that when I placed my order. It is not like I would have been upset, but when you are told one thing multiple times and it doesn't happen, it leaves a bad taste in your mouth.
    I totally understand what you're saying,Tony is a friend and one of the new people is a close personal friend so what i said will be happening in the next few days,It wasn't like Tony was trying to decieve anyone it was that he got too big too fast and was having trouble keeping up with inventory since the shipping time was so long but with the new folks involved it will allow him to make much bigger orders and in turn have a better supply to the customers.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by bugman View Post
    I totally understand what you're saying,Tony is a friend and one of the new people is a close personal friend so what i said will be happening in the next few days,It wasn't like Tony was trying to decieve anyone it was that he got too big too fast and was having trouble keeping up with inventory since the shipping time was so long but with the new folks involved it will allow him to make much bigger orders and in turn have a better supply to the customers.

Just to give you another update bman. I still have not received my tips. Any word?

Post Thanks / Like

Still No Rod Tip Bug man.

Post Thanks / Like

I am dreading the day when I break my 10ft or 11ft tip on my Ozark and have to go through this... It seems like this story has been told many times on this board.

I still say that my Ozark 11 is my favorite rod I own.
    http://kansasoutdoorsman.com/

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast