Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Andy's dad here...a.k.a. "newbie"

Post Thanks / Like

Default Andy's dad here...a.k.a. "newbie"

Hey everyone. I've been lurking around a couple of months reading posts and trying to pick up some pointers about the sport you all seem to love so much. I've always fished for bass and bream but really want to get into crappie fishing. If you noticed a couple of weeks ago the posts from Tommy with the 12yr. old kid named Andy in it...that's my son.Tommy is a relative of mine and was generous enough to take me under his wing and get us jump started on crappie fishing. By the way...if any of you know where I can get a 25 to 30 ft. jig pole I'd be grateful for the info,(that's what I'd have to have to reach the fish from the back of Tommys boat when Andy is in the front!!!!). Just kidding, I'd much rather see my son catch fish than me any day. Anyway, I just wanted to throw my hat in this ring and get to know you folks better and keep picking up pointers from all of you willing to share. P.S. I noticed some of you mentioning Jaco's Marine in Tennessee. I recently drove from my home in North Louisiana all the way up there to buy a used boat. Those folks were great. Especially after the sale handling a small problem with the boat. I would highly recommend them to any of you in the boat market.
    He among you who is without sin...cast the first stone.

Drift_Wood is offline Moderator TN Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Welcome

Welcome to the board Sandman Driftwood

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sandman
    Hey everyone. I've been lurking around a couple of months reading posts and trying to pick up some pointers about the sport you all seem to love so much. I've always fished for bass and bream but really want to get into crappie fishing. If you noticed a couple of weeks ago the posts from Tommy with the 12yr. old kid named Andy in it...that's my son.Tommy is a relative of mine and was generous enough to take me under his wing and get us jump started on crappie fishing. By the way...if any of you know where I can get a 25 to 30 ft. jig pole I'd be grateful for the info,(that's what I'd have to have to reach the fish from the back of Tommys boat when Andy is in the front!!!!). Just kidding, I'd much rather see my son catch fish than me any day. Anyway, I just wanted to throw my hat in this ring and get to know you folks better and keep picking up pointers from all of you willing to share. P.S. I noticed some of you mentioning Jaco's Marine in Tennessee. I recently drove from my home in North Louisiana all the way up there to buy a used boat. Those folks were great. Especially after the sale handling a small problem with the boat. I would highly recommend them to any of you in the boat market.

Hi Clifton,

Got that new boat at Jaco's Marine yesterday. Like U said, easy to deal with...I think Tommy misunderstood me in the chat room last nite about the boat..
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Indiana, Good Luck this year

Fish Detective
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

welcome sandman from nc
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

welcome to the site sand man

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard Clifton. I understood Tom to say that the boat that you bought was his. Is that correct?
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from lake of the ozarks Missouri.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard, You jest about the long 25' poles but some people use them to get way back into buck bushes and places you can not reach with regular poles. They feed them into these areas and drop a bait jig in the water. Catch alot fish you normally could not get to. Love to watch the younguns catch um too. lol
    Today is a great day

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard sandman. From Tennessee
    But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast