Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Do you "KNOW" your boat inventory???

Post Thanks / Like

Exclamation Do you "KNOW" your boat inventory???

I wanted to start this Thread to give you some useful information and to protect your hard earned investments. Most of you have noticed what my job consist of and it heart aches me when I hear a call over the radio that a fisherman or woman has been victimized. Just think what would you do if you walked up the boat ramp to get your vehicle after a very productive day of fishing knowing your the best on the lake that day. While backing down the ramp you get this sick feeling when you noticed your boat not tied to the dock and missing. WHAT DO YOU DO????

1. Have or keep a load plan in your vehicle, Hull numbers, motor serial numbers trolling if you have, anything with ID numbers.
    2. We all like to take photos of our toys keep a set in the packet.
    3. Keep your Cell phone on you at all times if you have good signal.
    4. Take a deep breath and CALL the Police.
    5. While waiting, try to remember if anyone was at the dock when you pulled up. Also if anyone is still around ask questions. I then would pull off the ramp and then start writing down vehicle plate numbers as the subject or subjects had to get there. This is also good to give a copy to the officer that is making out the report to add to his narrative, as the Detectives will run numbers and interview subjects.
    6. The hardest key in all of this is to be "CALM" and get the said information to the officer as with all the serial numbers. Note these numbers will be placed into the National Computer.
    7. After the report is made "PLEASE" ask the officer for the case number as you will need this for your insurance.
    8. After you get home call your insurance agent ASAP as they to have investigators that will be working the case.
    9. Tell your LOVED ones, as you will need there support in this "TRAUMATIC EVENT".
    10. Make follow-up calls to the Department that took your case.

I hope this helps and please keep a load plan in your vehicle, on another note I LOVE to put away these THIEVES who prey on our sport. Please pass this around and I hope and pray you do not become a victim. May your Fishing Dreams come true.

Fish Detective
    Last edited by fish_detective; 03-05-2006 at 04:06 PM.
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks detective this sounds like very good advice. Have a great day. If your ever down south lets go fishing. C-Rex

Post Thanks / Like

Smile Thank you!

These things have never crossed my mind. Good info.Thanks again!
    BamaFan

There are two things to aim for in life: First, to get what you want; and after that, to enjoy it. Only the wisest of mankind achieves the second. Author unknown, but I like it!

Post Thanks / Like

thanks it helps to here it
    [never snap at the hand that feeds ya

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for taking the time to write this. Very helpful to everyone!
    Bill

Post Thanks / Like

That is good stuff Dectective. I have a plastic card that came with my boat that has every bit of the boat info on it. Oh I have verified the info also. As far as equipment in the boat I know what I think I left in there the last time that I went fishing. But I never leave my boat unlocked or leave it in a parking lot unless someone stays with it. I do know I couldn't replace it immediately.
    Hold My beer and watch this sheeet!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Detective, you are absolutely right. About two years ago I took my dad fishing at Truman Lake for 10 days. On our 5 day my boat and about another 30 got hit and all our rods were solen. Luckily I had pics of all me rods and other items in the boat. Saved me a lot of time with the insurance companies and the local police. I never got my stuff back, but I did get a check deposited into my account a day later so I could buy more stuff to finish out out vacation.
    "If people concentrated on the really important things in life, there'd be a shortage of fishing poles."

Dave

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Fish Detective. This is good info and I do not have that info in my boat. But it will be there before I go back out. Betcha.
    But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.

Post Thanks / Like

Excellent advice F D, and i would never have thought about doing that...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks to all I hope you pass this information along, I have worked a number of these cases and a number of them are still active... The boat is the extreme but think what is lying in your boat while you are gone for a short time... Please make a post if you can think of something new to add... Lets make it hard for these LOW LIFE'S.....

Fish Detective
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast