Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Isabella Lake

Post Thanks / Like

Default Isabella Lake

This lake looks so crappie, I love it. I recently fished this lake on about 10/10/04 and the crappie were in about 30 feet of water off of rocky point and the line of trees that run up to rocky point. And 30' is about as deep as you will find with out hitting the middle of the lake. I had a blast fishing crappie this outing, we struggled first thing in the morning catching only 3 crappie, then I started switching up and went to a black and blue jig and we started catching them right an left for about an hour then we got offf the lake and went to breakfast. The fish were on the bottem and up to about the 12' depth. They would come up with the jigs and my partner could not figure out the bite. Once again I would pound the jig for about 3-5 seconds then pause, and about every other time my line would be slack (that was the fish) so set the hook and reel-em in, they dont always give you a tap. We also caught fish dropping the jig down and then holding it dead still. I am planning on going back to this lake nov 8th to try my luck and should post again shortly after.

I encourage other to post reports please.
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

Post Thanks / Like

I will be planning a spring trip or two to this lake and welcome others to join me, with or without boats(I do have a boat) Mor info to follow in Feb. [email protected]
    "Some days im Basstastic other days im crapptacular"

oneyeehaw Guest

Default isabella crappie

I am new to this board, but wanted to chime in.

We fish Isabella every other weekend. My hubby loves to catch trout, but one day we happened upon the Crappie Bite! Whooo HOOO Now, we try to catch crappie every time we go out on the lake!

Isabella is a HUGE lake, and we are still trying to figure it out, and how the crappie move about, etc.

My largest catch was 25 crappie in 3 minutes..... I found someones floating basket Full of crappie. Must have forgot it was tied outside thier boat, eh?!

We are going fishing for crappie tomorrow, but have decided to pick up some shad (minnows) at the local bait shop. Wish us luck! We usually use jigs, and worms but have not produced any crappie in a while.

Last time we fished the lake a total of 13 hours in 1 day how much fun was that?! :D did catch trout and cats!

>K

oneyeehaw Guest

Default Isabella

Well, we did well last outing at Isabella. We headed out to where the trees "used to be" and dropped out some jigs. The fish were huge!
    Can't wait to go again.

Anyone ever use the Rat l trap jigs on crappie??
    >K

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by oneyeehaw
    I am new to this board, but wanted to chime in.

We fish Isabella every other weekend. My hubby loves to catch trout, but one day we happened upon the Crappie Bite! Whooo HOOO Now, we try to catch crappie every time we go out on the lake!

Isabella is a HUGE lake, and we are still trying to figure it out, and how the crappie move about, etc.

My largest catch was 25 crappie in 3 minutes..... I found someones floating basket Full of crappie. Must have forgot it was tied outside thier boat, eh?!

We are going fishing for crappie tomorrow, but have decided to pick up some shad (minnows) at the local bait shop. Wish us luck! We usually use jigs, and worms but have not produced any crappie in a while.

Last time we fished the lake a total of 13 hours in 1 day how much fun was that?! :D did catch trout and cats!

>K

Post Thanks / Like

WE HAVE BEEN GOING UP TO ISABELLA QUITE A BIT. BRRN LIMITING OUT EVERY TIME. WENT YESTERDAY & CAUGHT 75 . 3 OF US. A FEW SLABS ALSO. CHECK THEM OUT

http://shedtoy.com/107.jpg

Post Thanks / Like

Default a few slabs isabella

sorry , i put the wrong picture on last night