Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: stick steering for riverhawk?

Post Thanks / Like

Default stick steering for riverhawk?

anyone have stick steering on a riverhawk? Specifically the B60 procaster.
    if so, does it take up a lot of the deck space in the front? could you send me a picture?

I have the B60 pro caster and I'm contemplating getting stick steering....mainly because my tm is in the front and tiller motor in the back. anytime i relocate to a new spot, i have to do the icky shuffle with my fishin partner to switch spots so that i can drive the boat.....then when we get to the fishin spot and switch again so i can work the tm. even though the boat is incredibly stable, one these days I'm gonna take a swim or break a rod or just plain bust my butt. Anyway, if i had stick steering it would elminate that....the one thing that I'm afraid of is losing space on my front deck....i love the space that i have up there for laying rods down etc....just don't know if i could sacrifice the space for eliminating the "icky shuffle"

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I just looked at your boat on their wedsite, and Id teach your buddy to run the pusher motor or the troller. Not a lot of room for dancin in that boat. I dont think the stick steer would take much room from you, but the controls would be low, youd have to bend over to steer and run the throttle, and youd have to build something for the controls to attach to. Good luck
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

If ya register on customgheenoe and read their forum you will find many examples of stick steer on the gheenoes. Just DO NOT mention on there you own a Riverhawk. I guess Riverhawk is a copy of gheenoe and there is very hard feelings. I have seen many gheenoes with stick steering and there is big advantages to it. Better load distribution if fishing alone and exactly as you say avoiding the icky shuffle. A couple years ago I was on the fence about getting a gheenoe and would deffinately have got the stick steering if I did. Do you have the center seat? That is where most install the stick steering. Like said check the gheenoe.net site and custom gheenoe many options. Also alot on microskiff

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by huntinslabs View Post
    If ya register on customgheenoe and read their forum you will find many examples of stick steer on the gheenoes. Just DO NOT mention on there you own a Riverhawk. I guess Riverhawk is a copy of gheenoe and there is very hard feelings. I have seen many gheenoes with stick steering and there is big advantages to it. Better load distribution if fishing alone and exactly as you say avoiding the icky shuffle. A couple years ago I was on the fence about getting a gheenoe and would deffinately have got the stick steering if I did. Do you have the center seat? That is where most install the stick steering. Like said check the gheenoe.net site and custom gheenoe many options. Also alot on microskiff
    Great reply, thats what makes this site so cool
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain