Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: should this really make me mad?!?

Post Thanks / Like

Default should this really make me mad?!?

allright, so i am new here and i have a strange dilema. i go to town on the slabs at LOZ, but here around st. louis i am at a loss. i pull them out of Busch CA sometimes, but 9 out of 10 times i go to catch crappie and end up destroying bass; i mean its fun, but i wanted crappie!! besides busch, does anybody know a public lake in the STL area where i can catch crappie?
    "We abuse land because we regard it as a commodity belonging to us. When we see land as a community to which we belong, we may begin to use it with love and respect"
    -Aldo Leopold

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome fryguy, they're several around St. Louis. Creve Couer, Spanish Lake, and Simpson County Park. I have'nt been to the first two in quite awhile but they used to be pretty fair if you could find them. I tried Simpson last fall, (got bored one sunday and just walked the banks) and caught several crappie close to 11", bass, and a cat. I was planning to try it this year in the boat. There is 2 ramps there and it's trolling motor only. Worked with a guy that used to fish it often, and he said he's caught some 1 1/2 lb. crappie out of it.If you try it before i do, let us know how you did...izzy