Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: which line to buy?

Post Thanks / Like

Default which line to buy?

I have never been an avid bass fisherman, but am getting into slowly, what type/size of line do you guys recommend?
    I will be using a spinning reel, i think two of them are cardinal's. and one other is a bass pro shops, can remember the model though it is about the same size of the cardinals.

What poundage and type of line do you recommend? i prefer to stay on the cheaper side, i dont want to start a which brand is best thread, but i'd like a few suggestions on the cheaper side, and definitely want to know what poundage is good.

by the way I'm going to buy it tomorrow and put it on so i can fish with it this weekend. So quick tips would be greatly appreciated

Post Thanks / Like

I'm probably alittle too late for ya, but here goes.
    For spinning I use trilene xl 6# Its not pricey.
    But for My Lake Michigan spinning( stratic 4000) I use powerpro 20# braid- VERY PRICEY.
    My bait casters I use trilene xl 12# and also use Yo-zuri 15# also pretty cheap

Post Thanks / Like

I agree with the trilene xl for spinning reels. Check your reel spool for size limitations. Should be written on the spool.For Bass fishing I would recommend 8-10# test, for starters.

Post Thanks / Like

I bass fish quite a bit. I use trilene xl on spinning reels, usually 6 or 8 pound. On my baitcasters I use trilene xt, 10, 12, 14 and 17 pound. The 10 and 12 on crankbaits, 14 and 17 with jig and pigs, worms, spinnerbaits and topwater. I've tried many brands of line and keep coming back to trilene because of the price and it works.

Post Thanks / Like

14 to 17 Ib. cajun line.that's some tough stuff.
    A crappie day fishin beats working any day!!