Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: High water repeat from last year........

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default High water repeat from last year........

My dock will be underwater some time today. I don't mind the high water, but the trash that comes with it sucks. Some ramps may be closed. Haven't hear much. If you get out in this, remember there is lots of stuff floating. This is West Sandy, Tn.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Tom, if they hold it up there for very long .... you're gonna be rollin up your pants legs & wade fishing for'em, right in your yard !!

Last years high water came around MAY 1st, around here ... right at the spawn time for my local lakes. This year it's been ever since the first of March, and still going. It's gonna have to stop, soon, or I'm going to have to buy a boat .... not to fish in, but to get to work in ... LOL !!

You stay safe !!

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

That stinks. My home lake here in MO has jumped up 20+ feet the last 3-4 years in spring, but It's a watershed lake, clearly your lake is not.

Are you on a shallow flat there? Just wondered about the length of that walkway.

Post Thanks / Like

Ye Duncan. Flat about 40 feet, then about 30* rise 200 foot to the house.

Pappy, the crappies nested in that gravel last year. Caught a bunch just wading in the front yard. I tell everybody that the fish come to me every spring. They love me!!!

My neighbor took this picture with his NIKON and emailed it to me. I am still the care giver here for some time to come.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Canepole, It looks like I'll be coming down your way March 28th or 29th for the week. You think it will straighten out by then? I'll be in the New Johnsonville area with my brother-in-laws family. Only get the chance yearly, I have high hopes & hopefully not high water. We have plenty of that up here in the Ohio valley.

Post Thanks / Like

same thing here in Ohio.....stop sign bites on fire!!!!......

Name:  high water 1.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  63.8 KBName:  high water 2.jpg
Views: 452
Size:  37.0 KB

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by kycreekboy View Post
    Canepole, It looks like I'll be coming down your way March 28th or 29th for the week. You think it will straighten out by then? I'll be in the New Johnsonville area with my brother-in-laws family. Only get the chance yearly, I have high hopes & hopefully not high water. We have plenty of that up here in the Ohio valley.
    TVA neighbor said they will probably pull the plug on the water next week, but when it floods like this, the COE takes charge. So I would say he is just speculating. Really depends on the Miss River stage though. I believe if it doesn't come another big rain, they will pull it down to winter pool later next week. They usually draw it down before starting the transition to summer pool. Normal summer pool transition starts the first of April.

Post Thanks / Like

they are warning us in the st louis of major floods. the Missipppi is at about 23 feet but has been as high as 27 with flood stage at 30 I hope we don't get another 1993 floods. Good luck Tom Hope the miss's is doing well.

Post Thanks / Like

Remember the year we launched our boat from the parking lot at Britton Ford? Ramp was completely underwater - I had to pull in between the pine trees to pick Paul up and boy was there a ton of trash, fallen trees and logs in the water!
    Vonna
    Yes, I fish like a girl. If you tried a little harder, you could too!!

Post Thanks / Like

As long as the Mississippi River is at flood stage its not likely they will open the gates. The Ohio River at Evansville was predicted to crest yesterday or last nite.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast