Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: fellows lake fishing report 3/15

Post Thanks / Like

Default fellows lake fishing report 3/15

no bites, no fish, no fillets. looks like crappie carrot soup tonight. now i just have to decide if i want to eat pink/silver or orange/chartreuse:D seen one guy catch one fish about an hour into it.

Post Thanks / Like

jwilson you live close to Fellows? I live just S. of the lake and don't get to fish it anymore due to the HP restrictions.

Post Thanks / Like

ya i pass it to and from work. i was fishing off the bank today after work. first time i've fished it. i've been thinking about getting the jon boat out there after it warms up a little more.

Post Thanks / Like

Gotcha, I've always found it tough to bank fish. Used to do pretty well when I had my Tracker.

Post Thanks / Like

Where did the one fish come from?

Post Thanks / Like

I drove out there the other day just looking around and looked at my favorite spot across the lake wishing I could get over there, lol

Post Thanks / Like

what is the hp on the lake ? i got a 14ft flat b and no motor and a 16ft fisher with a 60 so ? dont know what and where

Post Thanks / Like

Fellows lake is hard to fish most of the time. Caught some 14-15" crappie, but far between. $25.00 a year to fish there....40ph max on
    motors. Son caught 42" muskie, and 38". Like it because it's close....but hard to fish....

Post Thanks / Like

oops....the boat permit is being raised to $35 per year... I guess Springfield utilities caught on to how to make money.....considering what they charged just a few years ago. Looks like the lake is for locals only....I'm sending an email to the conservation department to STOP stocking muskies in Fellows lake. Oh, I know it probably is a good lake for muskies, but I just don't favor spending tax money to support a city that charges fees to boat there. The following is a link to the increase fee....good luck and fishing.......

City Utilities: Lake Info

Post Thanks / Like

i agree total bs. its going from a reasonable fee $15 a few years ago to $35. thats steep. the one fish came from sw side of bridge. i was fishing nw side of bridge a lot of people on the dock and along bank line.