Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: crappie behavior

Post Thanks / Like

Default crappie behavior

this may sound stupid, but is crappie behavior generally the same no matter what area of the country your in. I mean i understand water temp may be different. I live in northern minnesota. i along with my family own and operate a resort. For the most part i have my spots for spawn time fishing. once they leave those spots they are hard to find and i generally stop fishing for them. I also generally just use a tube jig in pink or bright green to catch them, nothing too fancy. The structure that is in my home lake are weed beds with drop offs, some humps on one end and a sunken island on the other. also there are some shallow rock beds as well. no underwater brush and can't put in any artificial structure per department of natural resources rules. i know that the fish will be in deeper water, i just need to find a place to research crappie behavior. and also hoping by using different colors like the bright ones i see on this website will work better too. If anyone has any advice on where to research crappie behavior i would greatly appreciate it

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mncrappie35 View Post
    If anyone has any advice on where to research crappie behavior i would greatly appreciate it
    I would probably start with a good book like the In-Fisherman crappie guide. I'm sure Al Lindner has something similar.

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Look at as many crappie fishing videos as you can on the weekends. I prefer those who actually teach on their shows. Jimmy Houston, Babe Winkleman, Linder's Angling Edge, Hook -n- Look, Hank Parker, Fishing 411, G3 Sportsman, and Midwest Crappie are a few that come to mind that I watch.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.