Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Not a plastic but works with them

Post Thanks / Like

Default Not a plastic but works with them

Any of you guys tried using these yet?I bought a mold for 1/8 and 1/16oz to make so i can use them with curly tail grubs...What do you guys think? I can even makem with sickles. Should hammer the white bass on these for sure

Post Thanks / Like

send me a sample and I will gladly try it. Is it a lock jig to keep the plastic on the hook?

Post Thanks / Like

yes it is. Suppose to hold better than the barbs. It wont rip them like the barbs do..

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

hot they differ hold a lot better I tried them out on some grub bodies here so they definitely do hold up better they are awesome I highly recommend these for anybody using Grubbs or twister tails

www.bobsjigs.com

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I use them all the time with my Bobby Garlands
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by snake River View Post
    hot they differ hold a lot better I tried them out on some grub bodies here so they definitely do hold up better they are awesome I highly recommend these for anybody using Grubbs or twister tails
    Is that betterthan just putting a drop of super glue on a barbless jighead when attaching soft plastic? I get more casts and fish that way than screwing it on something to hold it. Just an observation from the old guy.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

The super glue works good too...I still do that a lot.
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

snake River is offline Crappie.com 2010 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shipahoy41 View Post
    Is that betterthan just putting a drop of super glue on a barbless jighead when attaching soft plastic? I get more casts and fish that way than screwing it on something to hold it. Just an observation from the old guy.
    strewing the plastic bait on the jig head is a little time-consuming but after it is on their it is on or using superglue is faster but I think put in your bait on that wire screw and again you would have to tear it apart to get it off I would think if they bent that wire like a arrow so it would have a hook would be a little bit faster I would have to draw a diagram to show you what I mean but my ideal would be extremely fast put them on.

www.bobsjigs.com

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by "G" View Post
    The super glue works good too...I still do that a lot.
    Yeah "G" I don't lose as many lures and they don't usually tear up when fishing panfish. Dip or spray with scent and you are back fishing instead of hunting in your tackle box for another one to put on. In the case of plastic minnows using super glue insures the dorsal fin is always on top no matter what the fish do that is trying to grab it. You just spend more time fishin than repairing the lure on the jighead.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Ive used the super glue also I just didnt like it all that much.I havent tried these screw things yet . I made a few and sent a few different people. Im sure it will have its pros and cons just like any jighead. But hey it will be a good way to learn the different techniques and presentations on plastic baits.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast