Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Crab Orchard 3-4-06

Post Thanks / Like

Default Crab Orchard 3-4-06

Caught alot of fish today. Threw back probably 40 but did manage to get 28 larger ones. Biggest one was 12.5 inches. These are great days to fish if the wind doesn't blow.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

Good day Poop! Were you fishing the main lake or were you up in the pads? The only fishing I've done on Crab was for whites and stripers. Usually either fished the shallow sunken island outside the marina on the left or the island and old roadbed up the lake before Grassy Bay.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey poop, was just wondering how deep they were and what bait you were using,(minnows or what kind or color jig)? I've been out a couple of times, fishing over the attractors, and just caught 6 or 7 small ones, the last couple of weeks. Do you use the nibblets or any other kind of attractor?
    :rolleyes:

Post Thanks / Like

Right now they are sitting over brush in about 9-11 feet. I use Cottonmouth jigs only. Im tying 2 on at a time about 20 inches apart. White is always my bottom color and then I mix it up with the top one. Yesterday the top jig did well. It was chartreuce and red with a red head. Normally the bottom jig does better but i think the fish were higher on the structure therefor shallower and the top jig was in front of them more. Im getting to scientific for my own good. There is a picture of the type of jig i use in that last post I had for Crab. I have never used a crappie nibblet in my life.

Post Thanks / Like

Hey carp how bout taking me out one day when i get back from florida??? need hands on training, do you guide? Rodger in marion, great pics keep posting, thanks
    Rodger, So.Ill.