Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish still deep?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish still deep?

Put out some condos today in 22 ft. of water where two creeks come together, hope this will be a good place. But the fish we caught today were still deep. We caught these crappie in Lake Monticello, in Southeast Arkansas in 50-57 ft. water right off the bottom. The surface temp was 54-56 degrees. I thought they would have moved shallower by now. All but four were females. We had 23 fish that weighed 23lb 4oz. Wonder why they are still so deep. Caught them under large schools of bait fish, I guess they are still feeding on them.
    Attached Images
    Attached Images Attached Images   

A bad day of fishing
    beats a good day at work.

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

I was on Lake Conway this afternoon, had to fight the wind until almost dark so i was close to the bank didnt really start catching much unitl about an hour before dark. Most of the boats I saw were in the deeper parts. The ones we did catch were larger though. I talked to some people and they cought about 20 from the dock at Pierce Creek earlier in the afternoon but there were alot of people there that left after about an hour after I got there, so the bite must have stopped.
    Rumor is they are catching a lot at night on yo yos in Lake Conway

Post Thanks / Like

Now let me get this straight. You caught them where the water WAS 50-57 feet deep or you caught them AT 50-57 feet???

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by CarpPoop
    Now let me get this straight. You caught them where the water WAS 50-57 feet deep or you caught them AT 50-57 feet???
    The water was 50-57 feet and I was letting the shiner down to the bottom and coming up 1 or 2 cranks of the reel.

A bad day of fishing
    beats a good day at work.

Jerry