Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Finally found 4lb braid...

Post Thanks / Like

Default Finally found 4lb braid...

Well it ain't braid, but it is Fireline. I knew my buddy had yellow 4lb, but he had told me it was braid. This is definately it though. I went to BPS today. I bought the line, two Wally Marshall Signature Series 12', and two Mitchel 310X to go on them. I hope I like the poles. I wanted the Pro Series, but they are up to 10' and only had one. The guy there said they only get three at a time from their warehouse, once the others were sold. I thought that was odd since most people who use them, use even numbers, usually four or more. Odd never the less. So i'm ready to try out my new rod and reels. I also got some more tying material for my jigs and flies. Man I'm sitting on go. Thanks to those who gave me input on the line.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

Stumpbumpers, let us know how you like the poles later on. I have been looking around for some 12' rods. Thanks!!!!

Fish Detective
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations on finding the line. I hope it works out for you. I have decided on trying some Yo-zuri Hybrid Fluorocarbon. Like it so far. May have to try the Fireline later- heard nothing but good things about it.

Post Thanks / Like

Talking

Bought 2 14ft Wally Marshall signature series in Orlando yesterday. Really liked the two I already had. Now I only have 2 reels without a mate. The rod collection continues to grow.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been using the Yo-zuri for the past couple of years in freshwater. I really like it. I just wanted some braid for the small spinning reels as it doesn't curl up and is just plain tuff. I wanted to be able to use small diameter without sacrificing strength. Yesterday I relined all my ultra lites with the Yo-zuri, as well as my larger spinning out fits. I tyied knots in all the lines and pulled them hard to check for bad line, only had 9 reels to replace line on. I'll try the Fireline on these two rods for know. I got a big spool, so if I like it enough I'll change them. I think you'll really like the strength and durability of Yo-zuri.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Post Thanks / Like

I got the idea to try the Yo-zuri from you actually- last week I misposted about 4lb braid. Since I got a good word on the Yo-zuri, I decided to try it.
    Good luck and good fishing.

Post Thanks / Like

I use fire line 4 ld dia 10 lb green and smoke good **** I break hooks before the line breaks
    I have a friend of mine that crappie fishes in tourneys and turned me on to it.
    I tell all my freinds to use it, once they use they are sold .

Post Thanks / Like

I've been useing the 8 pound green Fireline. It does change color with time, but I don't have any trouble seeing it. I've been real pleased with it. I put it on the reels about 4 months ago and haven't had to change it.

I find that it's the strongest line for it's size that I've used. I straighten hooks and pull the boat . I've never had to cut the line to get out a tangle or knots like I've had to do with other lines. It doesn't have ANY Memory and cast like 2 pound line..

Don't try and pull it with your bare hand because it'll cut you before you know it. I use a wooden dowell about 1" in size to rap the line around and then pull it.

It's a little on the pricey side, but normally I would be reloading my reels every week because of the memory.. Now I've only loaded 2 of my reels this whole winter... I'm going to put it on my other reels tomorrow. Now I can give away all those other spools of line that I carry in the boat..

It's the best line that I've used and I have tried many... I do use some backing on the spools before I put it on.

Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC
    Gerald K4NHN
    Cayce, SC

Post Thanks / Like

Default braided line

I myself dont care for fireline, tried it for a couple opf seasons, and its not as good as braid.There is 10/2 braid that will last for a couple of years, but has some wind knot problems.I have some of the original spider wire, that came out, its lost its color, I have magic markered it several times, and its still as strong and smooth as the day I bought it 7 yrs ago, thats a good product.Right now I'm spooled up with braid on all my 12 rods but 2, and the mono I change every few trips.