Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How We Rig For Crappie " Video"

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb How We Rig For Crappie " Video"

Here's a video on th' set up we like to use for crappie fishin'. What is your favorite set up, I'm always lookin' to learn better ways to catch them crappie! Thumbs Up
    Have a goodun'
    D-Ray

YouTube - Riggin' For Crappie, Arkansas Style At D-Ray's Shop
    Give the laziest man the hardest job and he'll find the easiest way to do it!

Post Thanks / Like

Good video. Will watch the rest also.
    Thanks
    2018 Triton 18TX 115 ProXS 4 Stroke
    4-HDS 9 Touch
    ACC CRAPPIE STIX

Post Thanks / Like

Good video, haven't seen the "Stick Guards", will definately have to try them.
    Thanks a bunch

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Excellent video. Thank you for sharing. Love the John Deere camo hat. Shoot me a pm so we can make it happen. Please send me one. Nice job.
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

Post Thanks / Like

Good video D-Ray!!Thumbs Up

Juiced Up Baits Pro Staff
    K2 Coolers Pro Staff
    Mike's Custom Crappie Jigs Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

excellent thank you

Post Thanks / Like

Great video D-Ray! Will be in Florida end of the month pitching jigs in the shallows. Need to try the stick guards.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

D-Ray ... I've tried the Laker Stick Guards, but didn't really care for them. They didn't seem to last thru more than one or two fish, before the hook had shredded the guard to the point of being useless. I think there may even be a thread about that, somewhere on here. Anyway ... once seeing that the LSG's weren't going to be as useful as I had originally thought, I switched to Oldham's Sure-Lock Weedless Crappie Jigheads (they have a thin wire loop as a weedguard). They worked fine, as long as you didn't bugger up the little wire guard. Terry Oldham stopped making the Crappie line of weedless jigheads, a few years ago ... but, I'd already been working with Grousefly, on getting Y-guard jigheads made, a few years prior to Oldham's move away from making his. I'm almost exclusively using weedless jigheads, now ... either the Y-guard style, or the fiber brush style. I'm sure I've "converted" several members over to these styles of jighead, and even some of the other members are now making jigheads with the Y-guard, as well. (so they must be working for more people than just me ... LOL !! ) And the Y-guards & fiber brush guards, both come in "clear", in case one might think that black ones may be counterproductive.

No disrespect to you, or your use of the Laker Stick Guards .... they're obviously working for you. But, if you ever want to try an alternative .... you might want to contact some of our custom jig makers, and give these "other" weedless styles a trial run.

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Great video and info D-Ray,thanks.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie

Post Thanks / Like

Impressive video D-Ray. Professionally done. Pappy, I'm sure he won't feel any disrespect since the video did ask "What's your setup". The wire guard is a very good idea. Anything is worth a shot when trying to avoid a hang up. That's one reason I lean to wards braided line when fishing this manner. I can pull most hangups right out and fix the hook afterwords.
    Last edited by Crappie Reaper; 03-15-2011 at 07:34 AM.
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast