Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Fish still deep?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Fish still deep?

Put out some condos today in 22 ft. of water where two creeks come together, hope this will be a good place. But the fish we caught today were still deep. We caught these crappie in Lake Monticello, in Southeast Arkansas in 50-57 ft. water right off the bottom. The surface temp was 54-56 degrees. I thought they would have moved shallower by now. All but four were females. We had 23 fish that weighed 23lb 4oz. Wonder why they are still so deep. Caught them under large schools of bait fish, I guess they are still feeding on them.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

A bad day of fishing
    beats a good day at work.

Jerry

Post Thanks / Like

Thumbs up

Nice catch. Since I don't have a fish finder I'd never thought in a million years them fish would be 50+ft deep in 55 degree water . Looks like I woulda went home empty. Good job findin them.
    -rascal
    "She's A Bute Clark"

Post Thanks / Like

Default deep bait

Quote Originally Posted by L.A. stumpjumper
    Put out some condos today in 22 ft. of water where two creeks come together, hope this will be a good place. But the fish we caught today were still deep. We caught these crappie in Lake Monticello, in Southeast Arkansas in 50-57 ft. water right off the bottom. The surface temp was 54-56 degrees. I thought they would have moved shallower by now. All but four were females. We had 23 fish that weighed 23lb 4oz. Wonder why they are still so deep. Caught them under large schools of bait fish, I guess they are still feeding on them.
    if the baitfish are deep then the crappie is going to be deep - question is why is the baitfish so deep - I ain't that smart - but I am sure going to try to figure it out - the way I figure most things out is read about when somebody puts it in a magazine or on a board like this - brilliant ain't I
    with my mind on crappie and crappie on my mind -
    and if ya'll see Goober later tellem I said duh huh - he'll know what ya mean!!!!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Hey Jerry:

Nice mess of crappie! I don't know what it is about Lake Monticello but I keep hearing about how deep the crappie are there all the time. They are coming in shallow here so I would think they should be coming in shallow there too.
    FISH ON!
    Jerry Blake

www.BLAKETOURS.com