Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: "Sliders" from Charlie Brewer.

Post Thanks / Like

Wink "Sliders" from Charlie Brewer.

I saw an ad in Ron McDonalds 'Southern Fishing" featuring Charle Brewers Sliders.
    The local place "Mary Carter store" in Cullman AL, had some.

I have no idea what would make Charlies Sliders any better than 'other' but I am told that spring is a good time for Crappie.

I intend to catch some! I hope the Brewer Sliders is the right one!
    Anybody have any comment on the Sliders or what I should be doing with them?
    I just wish I could be better at fishing. Or maybe luckier!:D

Post Thanks / Like

Sliders are a great bait. Here's some FREE info on how to rig and fish them:

Charlie Brewer's Slider Company Inc. - 1-800-762-4701; 931-762-4700

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good little bait ... no doubt. I've had some success with the Junebug/chartresue Slider ... rigged on a 1/16oz or 1/32oz jighead w/#4 hook.

There used to be a TV show called Crappie University, with Whitey Outlaw ... and he used Sliders, almost exclusively (most of the shows I remember seeing, anyway). His main method was longline trolling them, in the creeks, during the pre-spawn movement. I may have even seen a show where he was casting/pitching them around brush/wood/water weeds (??) ... but, not positive about it.

In any case ... carefully thread them on a jighead hook, making sure they're straight & true ... and fish them however you like, as long as they're "moving".

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

Sliders are a great little bait especially when the fish are active and chasing,team them up with a roadrunner head in the spring and you'll take supper home.
    For a full line of fluid beds
    soft plastic, jig heads and more see us at

www.simplycrappie.com

http://stores.ebay.com/Simply-Crappie