PDA

View Full Version : Got New Boat Today!!!!!!!!!!!pics

Cane Pole
03-04-2006, 06:45 PM
Finally got the Pro Crappie 175 and at a reasonable price. Purchased the boat at Jaco's Marine in Lawrenceburg, Tn. As you can see, from the pics, the boat is still in it's shipping slip (cover). I get to drill the transom holes, mount the motor, mount all the electronics, everything is mine to do as I want it. That is the engine in the back of the truck, but it isn't the one going on this boat. Everybody needs a spare engine.... ha. The boat is a 2005 closeout, plus I am saving the "rigging" expense. Rigging will give me something to do next week. Oughta keep me busy for a few days. My Honey is really happy. She likes the built in minnow buckets and the fact that she don't have to sit so high in the back seat when fishing...... Will be posting pics as I put this thing together...

anchorpuller
03-04-2006, 06:52 PM
Tom

Glad you found what you wanted for the price you wanted. I hope you and honey enjoy it and catch enough to fill it :)

sac-a-lait
03-04-2006, 06:58 PM
WHat size motor is that and what did you gove for the package...I want to compare with what they charge down here.

Cane Pole
03-04-2006, 07:14 PM
WHat size motor is that and what did you gove for the package...I want to compare with what they charge down here.

$10.5K for the full Pro Crappie 175 package (not rigged). 40 hp Merc 4 stroke.
All 2005 stuff. They even thru in a on board charger, hats, etc. but couldn't get a good boat cover out of them...ha...Lot better than that 13K+ showroom price...
I negotiated most by phone before I went to see them.

fatboy
03-04-2006, 07:16 PM
Man, wished I had money. HEHE

fatboy
03-04-2006, 07:17 PM
You were about three miles from where I got my boat Tom.

TAE73
03-04-2006, 07:19 PM
That should be a good boat for ya CP, and like they say... if mommy is happy everyone is happy!!! I hope the first time you take it out you break in the livewells right!

Mrs. Crappie Stalker
03-04-2006, 07:34 PM
Knew you'd be in a new boat this spring!!! :D Glad you got what you (and Honey) wanted!

tioga183
03-04-2006, 08:06 PM
Good Luck with the new boat.I have been telling the better half that I want one of those for my retirement boat,she is finally warming up to the idea.So keep pointing out all the good features and catch a ton of fish so I can tell her it is all in the boat!
tioga

fish_detective
03-04-2006, 08:13 PM
I am happy for you, also may your fishing dreams come true.

Fish Detective

dockfishin
03-04-2006, 08:14 PM
Congratulations on the new boat. I have a Tracker and have been very pleased with it. Does everything I need and more. Hope you fill it up with fish soon.

fishingpox
03-04-2006, 08:15 PM
I must be doing something wrong. I be glad fer ya Mr. Tom

ShilohRed
03-04-2006, 08:20 PM
Tom if you need help I may be able to run up and help you out. And we can load that 40 HP in my truck. LOL
Sure would work good on my 17ft boat.
And will even trade you a yamaha 25 4-stroke for it.
Way to go I hope you get to catch lots of fish from it soon.
Pete

frank lawhead
03-04-2006, 08:21 PM
Get Her Together By The 9th So I Can Riide In A New Boat Haha

mike732
03-04-2006, 10:32 PM
Congratulations, it is real fun to start the year with a new boat. I did last year and it seems it made the whole year better in general...Mike

gabowman
03-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Congrats on the new boat cane pole. Dont know about the rest of you but for me buying something brand new is a rarity and I know you're proud of it. Hurry up and get that thing ready so we can start hearing your fishing reports again soon.

DENNIS BOWERS
03-05-2006, 07:29 AM
Tom, Congrats. on the new boat!!

David Waters
03-05-2006, 08:22 AM
I wil try it out this summer Tom. !!! Good luck

skiptomylu
03-05-2006, 08:49 AM
Nice boat Tom, I would love to have one and be able to switch the motor back and forth, but that is not really possible. I have even thought about selling my pontoon to get something like this boat. Mainly because I really love trolling jigs with the troll motor and I really can not do that very well with the pontoon.

And Sac....what price you getting there?

tnjeff
03-05-2006, 09:23 AM
congrats on the new boat!I really like those folks at jaco, that's were I do all my shopping at.

Tommy
03-05-2006, 03:14 PM
Hey Tom. I have a feeling that your old boat is staying in the Crappie.com family. I still can't believe that C S bought your old boat. What a small world. LOL Anyway, I'm proud for ya and your new one. Hope you have years of fun and fish frys from er.

Tube4Slabs
03-05-2006, 04:28 PM
Congrats, the pics didnt really show a whole lot tho. I'd like to see the insides and such when you get a chance to take more pics

b_a_s_s_101
03-05-2006, 05:09 PM
when you take it out for the first time, be thinkin about all of us on the shore!! CoRy

PanMan_VA
03-05-2006, 06:26 PM
Well done Cane Pole! I sure hope you enjoy your PC175 as much as I enjoy mine.

Cane Pole
03-05-2006, 06:30 PM
Well done Cane Pole! I sure hope you enjoy your PC175 as much as I enjoy mine.

I need some help here. Need u to send me some pics where things are mounted. Like transom location of xducer, speedometer pitot, etc. If u get a chance, I would appreciate measurements. I got all me stuff in boxes. ha I gotta mount everything....All help appreciated....

PanMan_VA
03-05-2006, 07:22 PM
The speedometer pitot is built in the lower unit on my Merc. I'll get a picture of the aft transducer for you soon.

ShilohRed
03-05-2006, 07:45 PM
I need some help here. Need u to send me some pics where things are mounted. Like transom location of xducer, speedometer pitot, etc. If u get a chance, I would appreciate measurements. I got all me stuff in boxes. ha I gotta mount everything....All help appreciated....

Tom I have a 1" thick piece of plastic for my xducer to mount on. That way theres not screws in the boat in the water. If you will let me know how tall of a piece you need.
And if Todd is going to be back that way I will send you a piece of it. Its like the stuff they sell in BASS Pro to mount the stuff to.
Pete

whizkids
03-05-2006, 07:48 PM
Nice outfit, I looked at it on the Tracker site and I think you will be well pleased.

Cane Pole
03-05-2006, 07:53 PM
I ain't opened all the boxes yet! Might be the pitot is in the engine. I not sure. Will open stuff up tomorrow. Today was Jon boat day.......

I am sure I will have 1 zilllion questions bout stuff. beeen a few years since i done any rigging. But I can do it... I just slow....ha

PanMan_VA
03-05-2006, 07:53 PM
Tom,

Here is a picture of my aft transducer. It is 9" from the outside edge of the boat. I'm not sure what type of fasteners are used.

Cane Pole
03-05-2006, 08:04 PM
Tom,

Here is a picture of my aft transducer. It is 9" from the outside adge of the boat. I'm not sure what type of fasteners are used.

Thanks Keith..I will get it together with ur help ( and others).

PanMan_VA
03-05-2006, 10:04 PM
Here is where the air line attaches to the motor for the pitot. It is on top of the plate that keeps the water from running up the lower unit while underway. I put a box around the connection. Sorry it is out of focus. The camera only has auto focus and kept locking on the door behind the motor no matter what I did.

C-More Slabs
03-06-2006, 06:29 AM
great looking boat, just in time for spring.

ky-slabseeker
03-06-2006, 05:12 PM
Just remember not to mount the transducer to close to the center of the hull or it will effect motor performance .... I think it is a safe rule to stay at least 12'' away from the lower unit of the engine.. Hope this helps ya out some... If I can be of any help just give me a shout.I have rigged a few MERCS in my time....

pstone
03-06-2006, 09:24 PM
Be carefull not to mount the transducer too low if you plan to be in any really shallow water. I mounted mine too low the first time and it stayed kicked up in the back from hiting the ground and stumps. When its kicked up it will not give acurate depths. Just my .02

Net Service
03-07-2006, 06:38 PM
Use stainless steel, put a dab of silicone on both sides. Also you want your transducer to be able to bump up if hit by something. Tom

mo_crappie_killa
03-07-2006, 09:15 PM
boy that sure is a nice boat cover:confused: :confused: how about some pics of the boat now?