Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Help with new Boat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Help with new Boat

Went to the sportsman show today. The wife says it's time for a new rig. Need something a little bigger for the grand yougun. I was looking at a bass tracker 17.5' TF with a 75merc, upgrade trolling motor. Comparing prices with G-3, Express & alumacraft it's the best bang for the buck. Would like to here from you guys who own a bass tracker on what you think about them or anyone that has owned one or know something about them.

Post Thanks / Like

If ya keep it away from Cocodrie, Houma, Grand Isle and such it should be O.K. If ya have a tendacy to get in some salt be prepared for electrical problems. If salt is on the menu I would look towards the G3 gator tough line as they are pointed towards bay fishing and seem to do much better here. Now granted this is from observing friends with Trackers and no personal experience, so I could not say that it might be bad maintenance or not as they were not my boats.

Post Thanks / Like

My brother has a tracker 17.5 ft (don't know which model). I have a G3 17.5 ft. I like mine better, as mine is wider. Plus my brother doesn't do maintenance so he has had problems, but that is more a reflection on him than the boat.

Post Thanks / Like

Lowe!!
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

You will not go wrong with Lowe....Xpress...Alumacraft....but IMHO a Tracker can't compete with the three I listed and to tell you the truth for the money you would pay for whatever model Tracker you are going to buy you could take the same money and get same and or more plus better quality boat.

Regards

Post Thanks / Like

I bought a G3 because of better quality and I could not find a place to put a 3RD battery in a tracker.

Post Thanks / Like

I am not going to run anyone's boat down, but I will say I have a 07 Tracker 175 txw( 60 in across bottom) that I am well satisfied with.I had a shorter G3, and this is a much smoother ride.The only thing I didn't like about it was it only had one the one seat in Bow. I screwed two plates down and cured that problem and still have plenty of room for 2 people to fish from bow. Photo is in the main thread where everyone posted their boats. That's why they make Ford's and Chevy's.
    Thanks
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like

Got a Tracker pro team 175 and coldnt have a better one. Put in two more seat adapters on te front and have plenty of room for slow trollin. Up graded to a Terrova and a kicker motor for pullin cranks.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

I also have a Tracker pro team and have never had any problems with it. And, it does give you the biggest bang for the buck.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

Just like someone said...."ford and chevy's". This debate could go on for days. It's all in what your comfortable with. I personally have a 04' pro team 175 and have no problems other than normal wear and tear which as been very little. I've added a couple of plates up front as well and still have plenty of room. I can bass fish out of it, spider rig, whatever I like. Would I buy another one?? Probably not, because I would like something to get me around the lake a little faster. But has been a GREAT boat for me.

BTW...I'd buy a chevy!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast