Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: best crappie magazine or book

Post Thanks / Like

Default best crappie magazine or book

What would you recommend as the best crappie magazine or the best book to buy for a crappie newbie?
    THanks

Post Thanks / Like

Default best crappie magazine or book

Quote Originally Posted by jcass
    What would you recommend as the best crappie magazine or the best book to buy for a crappie newbie?
    THanks
    jcass - My favorite magazine is "Crappie" and it is published four times a year with an occasional special edition. Their website is www.crappiemagazine.com. I have read several good books but one of my favorites is "Crappie Wisdom" , published by Al Lindner's Outdoors, Inc. Linder quotes "learn to catch crappies spring, summer, fall, and winter; in lakes, rivers, reservoirs, pits, and ponds; in weeds, timber, rocks, or open water. Hope this helps.
    Ken

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Default look here ....

go to the top right hand side of this page - click on "Crappie.com Home" - then click on "Crappie.com Store" link (lower left side of the new page) ... you will see several books that you can purchase from Amazon.com for $9.95 each. You will also be helping support Crappie.com !!

You may also be interested in the articles written by Bruce Spangler & Chuck Good (see "Atricles, Tips, and Techniques" link on the old home page)

Also - keep reading the forum posts, and post your questions .... we're here for the purpose of helping people get better at catching Crappie. Help us help you, by telling us the waters you fish - conditions - equipment used - and methods tried. Someone usually has some tips or techniques for you to try.

You may also be interested in a magazine that is state specific. Check out this website : www.gameandfish.about.com -- click on the "choose your state" link and pick the state you're interested in -- check out the articles that are about Crappie fishing, and/or your waters. The articles shown on the "on-line" version are from previous months copies, but should give you an idea of what the magazine offers. And don't forget to click on the "Crappie & Panfish" link on the left side column .... good reading there, too. ............luck2ya ............cp

Post Thanks / Like

crappie wisdom by in-fisherman is a great book
    "Give me crappie, or give me death"