Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: beware condo builders

Post Thanks / Like

Angry beware condo builders

ok,i have a problem.I built 5 bamboo condos--one 14 footer--one 17 footer--and three 20 footers.I put them in 5 gallon buckets and put between 19 and 22 bamboo in each and the bucket is slam full of concrete--ran over in fact.went to the lake today and located my spot i wanted to put the 14 footer [in 19 feet of water] and dropped it over the side,and guess what?It only went down about 9 feet!!!!!!!!!!!!the other 5 feet is still above the surface.what did i do wrong?????????need help.

Post Thanks / Like

Default you found that hump...

You found the only 10 foot hump in the 19 foot deep area for at least 50 acres on either side, lol. One of Murphy's laws I would imagine. Did you sink the rest of the condo's with the same result?
    Last edited by panfishfan; 03-04-2006 at 01:47 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

This may seem silly but Why not just trim some off the top. No one will ever know.
    FIN

Post Thanks / Like

Maybe you have to much bamboo in each bucket ? It's acting like a big cork and won't let it sink all the way or your depth finder is not reading right .
    See ya Kevin ><)))*>
    Excellent

Post Thanks / Like

I dont know what kind of finder you have but you may have an echo on your sonar. Try adjusting you sensitivity. You may only be in 10' of water.

Post Thanks / Like

Smile

Possibly landed in the top of a brushpile or some other type of structure. I usually fish around an area a few minutes to make sure I'm not placing my condos on top of someone elses. just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Singlepole
    Possibly landed in the top of a brushpile or some other type of structure. I usually fish around an area a few minutes to make sure I'm not placing my condos on top of someone elses. just a thought.
    a condo on top on a condo ? sounds like a great idea
    :p

gabowman is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I built a few 15 fters and the bucket wouldnt hold another bamboo. They all parachuted to the bottom with no trouble. Most of the buckets didnt even have quickrete all the way to the top either...maybe 4 inches or so from the top. Drop a rope with a weight to the bottom at the condo and measure the depth to see if your sonar is working right.
    Health nuts are going to feel stupid someday, lying in hospitals dying of nothing.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by wannalearn
    a condo on top on a condo ? sounds like a great idea
    :p
    Sounds like that will be a 2 story condo...that should really draw in the fish!!!:D