Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: sportsmans warehouse grand opening dissapointing

Post Thanks / Like

Default sportsmans warehouse grand opening dissapointing

I'm in memphis for the weekend visiting the inlaws, picked up the paper and there was an ad for sportsmans warehouse grand opening in southhaven MS, so we went to check it out. In the entire place, a very big store, there were about 10 crappie poles, and a half isle of jigs, pathetic. there was 2 isles of trout stuff, do they even have trout in mississippi? unbelievable the people who stock these stores don't pay attention to where they're at, Mississippi of all places, and no crappie stuff to speak of.

If you like to tye jigs they do have a large isle of some really cool feathers and chenille and whatnot, i assume for tyeing trout flies. I was looking for a big catfish net for a buddy, not one cat net. the only thing i bought was a camo belt. lots of hunting and camping stuff, didn't see any good deals though, but was pretty disgusted after the seeing the "crappie isle".
    I clever quip fishing ironic statement crappie!

Post Thanks / Like

We have one out here in california(sacramento) and its been open for awhile......I'm not impressed!!! Once something is out of stock, it stays that way for months. The half of crappie isle in the store out here is almost empty on the southern pro jigs and has been like that since last year....oh well.

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I go to the store in Columbia, SC and the plastics are well stocked, and their BnM shipment just came in. But the Bozo's that order their stock drive a desk and probably don't know which end of a pole to hold. Ordering is done on a numbers sold basis, as is Cabela's and Gander Mountain. Kinda leaves me cold when you go in and they aren't set up for the area they're in.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Great store for guns...Not much else.
    Carl's Guide Service
    Sardis Lake
    Enid Lake
    Grenada Lake
    901-734-7536

CrappiePappy is online now Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

We had one open here in Lexington KY, a few years back. Visited it once, and found it to be OK. Bought a few pks of Crappie Craws, since they did have them on the shelf. Wasn't overly excited at what I saw, but it did seem like they had a bigger selection than anywhere else close by. Then I heard about the empty shelves & long periods of "out of stock" problems ... until it eventually closed (a couple of years ago). Then, it reopened last year ... same location. Been there once, since then, and found the Crappie bait selection to be pretty good, actually. Bought what I went there for (net), and picked up a few pks of BGBS bodies. Haven't been back, since ... (haven't had the need to) so I don't know if it's suffering the same problems, again, as it did before. Our smaller, privately owned shops are mostly Bass oriented ... WM & WMSS are barely functional as "bait/equipment" stores ... Dick's Sporting Goods is OK, but not "exceptional" ... so our S Whse does have a leg up on the local competition. They should do OK, around here, as long as they don't fall victim to the "backorder blues".

... cp

Post Thanks / Like

We HAD a Sportsman Warehouse till the company was bought out and many of their stores closed. If I remember correctly a company in Canada bought them. I live in a town of 100,000+ and it was the only place you could go buy fishing gear, etc. Now we have a Dick's at the mall. Dick doesn't carry D**K! They have an 1/8 of an isle of crappie goodies. We have 3 Walmarts but never thrilled to shop there. (another story) Gander Mountain is 70 mi. Cabela's is 65mi. and BPS is 89mi.

Post Thanks / Like

They built a new store in Wichita walking distance from my house it only stayed open about 2 yrs. and closed down.

We have a new Cabelas coming to Wichita construction will start this summer.Should be open spring 2012.

kycreek is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I haven't been in there in a few years. I had heard they had closed. I might try and get back down there later this spring. My wife went to Lexington today, but I couldn't break away from the Cats. Go Big Blue!!! Hands Clapping

Post Thanks / Like

No freshwater trout in Mississippi, but there's actually lots of trout fishermen in the Memphis area. Lots of folks make the drive to Arkansas' world class trout rivers from here (tailwaters of Bull Shoals, Greers Ferry and Norfork, also the Spring River) every week. I'm super happy they're back open - only other place around here with that kind of selection in fishing, hunting, and shooting gear is the BPS clean on the other side of Memphis.

Post Thanks / Like

We have a Sportsman's Warehouse here, and they actually carry a lot of warmwater stuff compared to some of the other stores in the area. Around here they carry some of the same crappie stuff as Cabela's, only cheaper.

Then again, I don't expect any of the local stores to carry stuff like specialty crappie poles. They don't even carry that stuff at Cabela's. When I buy poles for crappie, I have to have to buy them on the web site and have them shipped to the store.
    Don't worry, catch crappie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast