Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Video Taping Your Crappie Catching

Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb Video Taping Your Crappie Catching

I am thinking about video taping some of my crappie fishing this summer. Anyone with a camcorder and a computer can make decent video clips these days, most newer computers come with video editing software and it is easy to hook a camcorder into a computer. I think some of our members should make some clips of their crappie fishing adventures and post them so folks can learn different methods of crappie fishing. Does anyone know of any board where video clips of fishing can be posted? I know of a hunting video board where I post video clips of my hunting dogs but I don't know about any fishing video boards. Anyway, making video clips of crappie fishing should be fairly easy. I plan to try some this summer.If I can find a place to post them, I will have some clips up for you guys this summer.

Post Thanks / Like

Not anybody. Man I ain't been able to get the pictures of my handycam. It has the software and I have done it before, but now the computer isn't recognizing the mini dvd now. oh well life with technology, I guess. I'll try later and it'll probably work again. I also have thought about putting some video on here. We'll see what happens in the near future. I've got to figure out the set up for the camera. I got a good idea for it. Post'm if ya gott'm. I'm gone to BPS be back one day soon:D
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

chaunc is offline 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Redtick, i can shoot video with my Cannon powershot s410 digital camera. I learned how to use that function last week.:D . had the camera since last august.... I also have a camcorder that i've been planning to use to record me on a good day of slabbin but nobody to shoot the footage of me. Hopefully i can get my brother to do it this spring.
    I downloaded a short video in my photobucket and it played back with out a problem. Should work on this site too. Gonna give it a try. hope it works.
    http://www.apple.com/quicktime/mvi_0257.avi
    Last edited by chaunc; 03-04-2006 at 11:31 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Stump,

You have to use 2 different cables...One for still shots is a USB plug and then one is a FIREWIRE plug for transferring massive amounts of data (video and audio together)...The USB plug will transfer video BUT no audio with it.

Video's with any kind of clarity are MASSIVE files in and of themselves. THey must be compressed and made in to MPEG type movies.

Everytime we go out to shoot a crappie show for my buddies outdoor show, no one is willing to put down a pole and pick up a camera to shoot with. Everyone's too busy trying to catch.
    Last edited by sac-a-lait; 03-04-2006 at 11:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Got a Canon A510 and a 1gig sd card a week or so ago. Thought about vidios (thats why the 1gig card) but have'nt even quite got a handle on posting pics yet. Who am i kidding , i ain't even got this pc figured out. If i can post some fish pics this year, i'll be happy...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

30 minutes of video transferred frmo a mini dv video camera onto your computer is going to be near 10 GIGS...See the amount of data we're talking about. If your computer has a 80 gig hard drive, well that's 1/8 of your ENTIRE storage capacity.

Post Thanks / Like

My Sony computer was designed to do videos on. I can very easily upload my videos from my 2 Sony camcorders to my computer (I use firewire to upload). I have software that I can edit the video on as I upload it. I have a 250 gigs hard drive and my videos do take a lot of gigs. I use an external hard drive for extra file space. To put my videos on the internet, I reduce them to either mpeg 2 or mpeg 1. The smaller you make the file, the more the quality of the video goes down. But, the smaller the file, the quicker the upload/download time on the internet. So there is a trade off.
    Anyone wanting to see some of my hunting dog video clips can go to www.huntingfootage.com and look up my gallery. I am Redtick on that board also. I have experimented with various file sizes, so some of my clips play better than others. I wish there was a fishing site like huntingfootage.com to post fishing video clips.
    I plan to set my camcorder up in my boat and use my zapper that turns it on and off to do some recording. And, my buddy and I will trade off on doing some of the recording. I may be mid-summer before I get very much posted on the internet but I will get some up someway.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Video editing sux. You spend 10 minutes filming and 10 days editing....ha...I use the Ulead video studio and movie maker 2. Both stink, but cheap.. Ulead is clumbsy and awkward to use. Movie maker easy to use, but u have to do a file conversion from wmv to mpg. This makes the files even bigger. A simple 1 minute mpeg clip will be 15 to 20 meg in size. Then there is the download time....I would do me stuff in flash, but then not many people have flash player. Always something..........I like messing with the stuff though...ha
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

The best way to do it is use software like Adobe Premier Pro, make your clip and then have the software make it into an MPEG file that's of terrible quality...That way when it plays in the WINDOWS PLAYER (that is standard on almost every computer) it's in a very small window and if you enlarge it it becomes VERY unclear...Ever notice what I'm talking about? I can make a 1 minute clip that can be uploaded and downloaded over dial up but the clarity is of very low quality...High quality equals longer download times. If I upload a clip I assume that the person downloading it is on DIAL-UP. SO I have the software "strip it down" so the human eye will JUST be able to see everything.

Cane Pole is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by sac-a-lait
    The best way to do it is use software like Adobe Premier Pro, make your clip and then have the software make it into an MPEG file that's of terrible quality...That way when it plays in the WINDOWS PLAYER (that is standard on almost every computer) it's in a very small window and if you enlarge it it becomes VERY unclear...Ever notice what I'm talking about? I can make a 1 minute clip that can be uploaded and downloaded over dial up but the clarity is of very low quality...High quality equals longer download times. If I upload a clip I assume that the person downloading it is on DIAL-UP. SO I have the software "strip it down" so the human eye will JUST be able to see everything.
    I hear what u saying sac. I just don't like square looking fish..ha...I am lucky to have this hi speed stuff.........
    Member BS Pro-Staff and Billbob Pro-Staff
    Proud Member of Team Geezer... authorized by: billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast