Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Little Maumelle River 3-3-06

Post Thanks / Like

Default Little Maumelle River 3-3-06

Ended up with 17. Had one 13", 14.5", and 15". They were about 3' deep in the shady areas. I was using purple/sparkle. Surface temp was 53 when I got there and 56 when I left. The one pic is of the 15", look at his mouth compared to my thumb.
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by ceb; 03-04-2006 at 12:40 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

a few more pics.....
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Post Thanks / Like

nice ones

Post Thanks / Like

CEB - Thems some big ole goooduns.

You ever do a nightstalk out there on the Little Maumelle? I have been talking to my crew about pulling a nightsalk out there before it gets to much warmer. I dont want to be out there when the mosquitos fill the air and the snakes fill the water and both are drawn to the light sitting right next to me.

Post Thanks / Like

I have been wanting to do a nightstalk. I'm just not prepared yet. My rod holders and such are still at my parents house in WM, and I haven't gotten me any lights yet. I was thinking about trying it after the spawn down at the mouth and see if I can get em coming back out into the main river. Where would you try to set up for a nightstalk?

All of those I caught were around the docks at the marina. They were hiding in the shade about 2' deep in about 4' of water.

Post Thanks / Like

anyone fish little maumelle this weekend? i went there for the first time ever and it was very slow for us.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgPharm
    anyone fish little maumelle this weekend? i went there for the first time ever and it was very slow for us.
    I was there with my crew, and it was terrible as well for us. CEB was there and had fished all day for what almost ended up being a limit. We didnt get there till arround 4:00 as we were primarilay looking to do a nightstalk. By that time so many boats had gone by as a result of the beautiful day that the water looked like chocolate milk. I talked to CEB and some regulars about it and they all said that the boat traffic and muddied up water had shut them down that day. CEB put on a clinic with his jig pole and sculling paddle. The man has the paitents of a prison guard and effortlessly moves that jon boat arround brushpiles. I havent seen anyone work a jig pole and sculling paddle like that since my grandfather died.

What kind of boat are you running? You will see me in an alluminmum Traveler boat thats silver and blue with UGLY rod holders. CEB is in a 14 foot jon boat with a 15 horse nissan. If you see us out there stop by and say hi.

Post Thanks / Like

i have a 15' express with a 25hp suzuki. never having been there before, we were exploring the whole place. where are the best places to go for crappie? we ended up fishing mostly in some thick cypress trees pretty far in the back (i think it was the back anyway).

Post Thanks / Like

CEB, if you are going to crappie camp, I'll be glad to stop by your parents house and get your rod holders and such. I'll be heading that way on the 31st of this month. Just a thought.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HawgPharm
    i have a 15' express with a 25hp suzuki. never having been there before, we were exploring the whole place. where are the best places to go for crappie? we ended up fishing mostly in some thick cypress trees pretty far in the back (i think it was the back anyway).
    I think I may have seen you this afternoon?? I haven't done too much exploring up the river. The first dock (coming from the downstream side) of the marina has some good spots. There is a huge white ship, I guess you call it a ship since it is a little big to be a boat. In the far slip of that first dock is a boat called Lovey Dovey, or something like that. Well the slot right next to it is empty and has some good brush in there. Also, try the south side of the river from the marina down about 1&1/2 mi. There are brushpiles sticking out into the water a good ways. They are extremely thick, so jig carefully.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast