Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Arkabutla lake in Ms ?????

Post Thanks / Like

Default Arkabutla lake in Ms ?????

Going to be going down there from the Mo Bootheel next weekend, spend a couple days in a motel and fish the lake for Crappie, was wandering if someone could tell me if the fishing is any good, maybe point me in the direction of good spots where the brush / stumps are plentiful?? Also, reccomend a good place to stay that won't bust the bank. What are some good jigs / colors to use on this lake?? Thanks guys.

Post Thanks / Like

You can give me a call tomorrow...901-270-8474...I can give you some info and get you some more from very reliable sources.

Post Thanks / Like

It has been a few years since I have fished at AB. Buy a map it will show the manmade attractors for you. I don't know if they are pumping water there, my guess is yes, been alot of rain here lately. So water may be up and you might not have problems boating, some places are very shallow.I'd try the creeks if you can get in them or trolling. The water is always very murky and dark there. I used to wade there in the spring for crappie and have caught some 3 lb. plus crappie there. Also, another thing is if you do go , when your on the lake and the sirens and lights come on, it means there is a killer wind coming... so get off in a hurry or hit the bank. I have seen several boats capsized there, and it ain't no fun. Rusty
    Last edited by fishingpox; 10-30-2004 at 12:00 PM.