Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Shakespeare Cajun Red Line

Post Thanks / Like

Default Shakespeare Cajun Red Line

http://www.cajunline.com/

Does anyone use this line? Any thoughts or recommendations?
    Regards,
    Rowland

Post Thanks / Like

SkyChimp, I have used this line Walleye fishing and it works very well. I have never tried it on any type of panfish... Good Luck I hope to see some post on this...

Fish Detective
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

Just to keep the question in context:

Regards,
    Rowland

Post Thanks / Like

If the fish can't see red line....Why are they trying to tell us red hooks will catch more fish because they trigger a strike as a wounded bait? Something ain't right with this!!!!! :D

Post Thanks / Like

WC Fields said it best one time...."There's one born every minute"

Post Thanks / Like

Right on Brry G.

mikeg
    no less than 6#test line no more than 10#test

BIG M Guest

Default Red Line - Red Hook

The Line Is Transparent, Therefore Sunlight Passes Though It And Is Supposed To Disappear In 3ft Of Water. Now On The Red Hook It Is Solid Sunlight Will Not Pass Though It And Does Not Disappear. This What I Have Read On This Subject Thought It Might Help. I Have Rigged Some Poles And Crappie Rigs To Experiment, I Have Not Been Yet To Try Them, I Will Soon.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the Cajun red line on all my saltwater reels....I could be wrong but I seem to catch more fish than the people we fish with...But they can't figure out why....I tell them I'm just fishing.!!!!!!!! :D

fishman41 Guest

Hi I have used 6# red cajun line for the last several months on my light tackle setup and did very well. I caught a 16 inch smallmouth and one of the largest perch ever 13 1/2 inches. I used a carolina rig and a half of a canadian crawler to entice those fish to bite. I also use eagleclaw hooks that are red as well. this claims to be inv to fish.

CrappiePappy is offline Super Moderator - 2013 Man Of The Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Lightbulb I'm more inclined to believe ...

that red hooks and red line will become "invisible" (as they say) at equal depths. The color red is on the far end of the light spectrum ... one of the first colors to fade out (turn to black, due to no longer reflecting the red portion of light). Now look at the Cajun Red line ad ... look at the depth chart - it doesn't show the line becoming "invisible" at 3ft, it's more like 9-10ft. It says the line "STARTS" to become invisible to fish at 3ft. Well so does clear/blu line, in stained water. And it doesn't say the water does or doesn't have to be gin clear. A red hook would seem to turn to gray, then black, in the same depths (of the same water clarity & light penetration) ... since it looks red, only because that's the only portion of the light spectrum that's being reflected. Sunlight is white light (all colors of the spectrum) ... black is the absence of color (no reflection of any of the colors of the spectrum).
    So what I'm thinking is -- the "hooks" are being marketed as "visable" to the fish, because they're being marketed mostly to tournament pro Bass anglers, first - then the rest of us get the trickle down results. How many times do you see pro Bass anglers fishing deep ? It seems that most of the tourney winners are catching fish relatively shallow (<10ft deep). So ... the hooks would still be somewhat visable.
    Now - the line is being marketed as being invisible to fish - AFTER it reaches a certain depth. They "say" it "starts" becoming invisible below 3ft - yet their own chart shows that it is still visible down to around 10ft. Could it be that they are telling us the truth ... just not the "whole truth" ? Could it be that both, (red) hooks & line, are doing what they say they're doing ... but, they're just not telling us the whole story ? Could they be putting a little spin on things, not exactly lying ... but, at the same time, just telling us the "potential" results (of a controlled situation - depth & clarity of the water & amount of sunlight)

Take the word "virtually" ....... in the line ad - it states that "the unique color .... makes it 'VIRTUALLY' invisible underwater". Now -- see what the definition of the word is:
    virtually
    adverb
    Definitions:
    nearly: almost, but not quite

... OH, so it's "nearly, almost, but not quite" invisible :rolleyes: Now that makes more sense. They're telling the truth, WE are just not paying close enough attention to what that "truth" really means.

Just MHO ... and I'm no expert, and subject to being wrong. I just think "they" are telling us "a truth", that's only part of the story, and we are drawing "whole" conclusions from that one truth. ........... cp

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast