Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horseshoe or Midway?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Horseshoe or Midway?

Anyone fished Horseshoe or Midway this week? Gonna try one or the other tomorrow just wondering where they were biting best? I fished Horseshoe last saturday and did fairly well. 2 of us scrapped out about 50 in 4 or 5 hours.

Post Thanks / Like

Did they have any size to them? I heard that horseshoe was kicking out alot of little ones.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm going to get up and go to Old Town in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Riverrunner -

You may want to give Whitehall a try.

Post Thanks / Like

I went to old town this morning. I fished at the end of the lake past the spillway. I caught 15 to 20 fish, only 5 or 6 weighed about a pound, the rest were 9 to 11 inches long. Red/Char. hair jig, all these fish were in 1 to 1.5 feet of water. It won't be long before they hit the banks good. Everybody I talked to who were fishing with yoyo's were killing the catfish, no crappie. All were using minnows.

I fished the middle of the lake for a couple of hours and gave up, not one fish caught out there.

Quote Originally Posted by fishingpox
    I'm going to get up and go to Old Town in the morning.

Post Thanks / Like

Default midway

i fished midway today. really slow for me and most that i talked to. i caught 10 fish but they were all studs. all were trolling out in the deeper water still.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by ceb
    Riverrunner -

You may want to give Whitehall a try.

Whitehall was a little slow this weekend. I think they are getting ready to push toward the banks but just not quite committed yet.

There were several people trying spider rigs but I don’t think they were doing too hot either.

We found them about 50 yards off the bank any where from 9 feet to 10 inches deep. There are very few in the tops right now but I don’t think it will be long before they move in. I think a big factor right now is the carp are in the tops keeping things stirred up.

Post Thanks / Like

Default wind!!!

went to midway today only lasted about an hour. got blown completely off. pulled out and went to whitehall and cought four. one other guy i talked to caught 5 and another did'nt catch any. terrible day.

Post Thanks / Like

After last weekend, I bailing out tomorrow and slipping my waders on at Old Town.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good news.....

It looks like the river might make it into Midway next week. It ought to be some good fishin when the water gets up into the buckbrush.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast