Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wing for planing boat comments please help

Post Thanks / Like

Default Wing for planing boat comments please help

Is the wind thing that goes on the outboard help plane the boat and does it improve the ride ?? I'm getting to where my boat beats me to death 10hp on a 1544 boat.

Post Thanks / Like

jump on line bass pro shop theyve got what you need it will help you from getting beat up
    fishing from the couch in front of the tv doesnt count

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I think you just need more HP
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

It is to help stop porpusin (sp) or the bounce.
    Sales and service on Directv and Wildblue internet
    Owner of Sickle Jigs.
    Slab Bandit Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

It is my understanding that they are designed to help plane at lower speeds resulting in less fuel consumption or helping people with under powered or badly placed loads plane easier. I don't know if it would help with ride other than help ya get on plane. Deffinately wont keep ya from pounding on rough water. A softer ride usually comes from a deeper v and a heavy hull to cut through rough water. Ranger has a great ride due to being heavier hull than others but usually slower if ya consider 60 instead of 65 slower.

Post Thanks / Like

It is my understanding that they are designed to help plane at lower speeds resulting in less fuel consumption or helping people with under powered or badly placed loads plane easier. I don't know if it would help with ride other than help ya get on plane. Deffinately wont keep ya from pounding on rough water. A softer ride usually comes from a deeper v and a heavy hull to cut through rough water. Ranger has a great ride due to being heavier hull than others but usually slower if ya consider 60 instead of 65 slower.
    I agree.
    Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

try adjusting the trim setting up a hole or down a hole. If its a flat bottom John boat there is almost nothing you can do to keep it from beating the **** out of you. I sold my Carolina Skiff because of the same thing.
    Last edited by CrappiePappy; 03-11-2011 at 10:09 AM.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks just got back from BPS and already put one on my motor so we'll see tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

I had a 10 hp on a 14ft john. With 2 people would not plane 9.9 mph with 1 person plane at almost 16 mph.

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have no problems,,with a 1985 merc,,9.5 hp on a 14ft john boat,,with me in it,,it runs about 19mph according to my gps..with GF in the boat,,(2 people) and all gear,,we get 14mph,,have no problems coming on plane,,have no problems,,cutting thru a 3ft chop..have no problems running either,,and great on gas..and it gets me into the tighter places my bass boat or V couldn't get me to where I want to fish most times as well...its just my preference after having owned about 20 diff boats,,and super easy to trailer as well,,no gas consumtion on the pulling vehicle either.. I totally downsized and enjoy it immensely..but there again,,its just my preference.

authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast