Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New to the forum & south MS

Post Thanks / Like

Default New to the forum & south MS

I just joined, hopin to get some info about where to crappie fish in south MS. I moved from north MS. Arkabutla Lake was my backyard for 20 years & I'm definately gonna miss it! I'm really enjoyin learnin the saltwater thing, but... There's no substitute for a deep fryer full o Crappie! I live south of I-90, so I know I'll have to drive a bit, but I don't know the first hole to try! I'd really appreciate some hints & holes! Maybe even GPS coordinates? Thanks in advance to all of yall, I can already see that there's lotsa help & info on this forum!

Post Thanks / Like

How do Scanman. I'm no help on South MS Crappie and truth be told, not much on North, East or West MS Crappie neither for that matter. But find your way to the MS State board and I'm sure somebody can give you a little help. Stop in on the Off Topics under MS and we'll even make fun of ya a bit while we help ya out.

Wannabe...
    Wannabe...v2.0
    A lot like the old Wannabe... except with fewer bad words. And Karate chop action. But, yes, still purtier than you.

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to C. Com. From N.W Georgia I don't know anything about S. Miss. but do know that you moved from one of the best Trophy lakes in Miss.
    Allatoona Bandit

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome to the site from Ne. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome scanman. Where exactly do you live?

shipahoy41 is offline Crappie.com Legend - 2022 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome from Alabama
    Aquatic Species Removal Engineer.
    May God be with you. Keep CALM and STAY ANCHORED with your faith.

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Welcome aboard
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by scanman View Post
    I just joined, hopin to get some info about where to crappie fish in south MS. I moved from north MS. Arkabutla Lake was my backyard for 20 years & I'm definately gonna miss it! I'm really enjoyin learnin the saltwater thing, but... There's no substitute for a deep fryer full o Crappie! I live south of I-90, so I know I'll have to drive a bit, but I don't know the first hole to try! I'd really appreciate some hints & holes! Maybe even GPS coordinates? Thanks in advance to all of yall, I can already see that there's lotsa help & info on this forum!
    South MS crappie

Scanman: I left MS following retirement in 2006 to be near my grandson in NC, but can tell you that crappie are abundant in S. MS in the Eagle Lake and associated MS River oxbow lakes in the Natches/Vicksburg area. I'd start at Eagle, launching at the ramp at the south end of the lake, off of Hwy. 465. Watch out for moccasins sunning on the riprap....fish it just like you did Arklabutla. I've fished all of the northern MS lakes, and none compare to Eagle for fish size. See http://www.ms-sportsman.com/details.php?id=441 Best wishes...DrJon

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you! I have a G3 PRo 175 with a 50hp Yamaha and stainless prop. Its the best shallow-water boat I've ever seen, also good in rough water (I used to fish the Gulf of Mexico inshore in it), light enough to trailer easily, and quick on the uptake. You are the only other G3 owner I've spoken to. Lots of folks missing out on a good boat....drjon

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! Drjon, Eagle looks like a fine place for a weekend trip. I'm gonna have to give that a try! Right now I'm hopin to find some places way down by the gulf. Surpertech, I'm livin on Graveline Bayou. It's only 20 min, by water, out to the Gulf Of Mexico. I'm sure I'll have to drive a lil ways north to get into some fresh water, but I NEED CRAPPIE! Lookin to find some holes close enough for afternoon jonboat trips, etc... My lil boat is 13'6" & only 36" wide, so I can't really do big water. There just has to be a few lil sloughs round here. How do I find the "MS State board"?
    Last edited by scanman; 03-11-2011 at 10:02 AM. Reason: add a question

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast