Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Guntersville Bream Jigs?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Guntersville Bream Jigs?

I was thinking of maybe ordering some jigs to try the bream out on Guntersville this spring! I was wondering if someone knew specifically what really works well for bream there? I have always used crickets but I know others that wear them out on jigs!
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

One of the best jigs you can buy for Guntersville is the keystone minnow. the popularity of those have shot the cost up over the last several years. They are not very durable anymore, I think they make them cheaper and charge more for them. They are generally a dollar to 1.25 a piece now but they are a bream killer. Squirrel tails work well too at times and rooster tails and beetle spins are also good producers. you might check on the DIY soft plastics. I think some of those guys make some bream bugs that are awesome too.
    Likes justafisher LIKED above post

Post Thanks / Like

I use skidmore jigs you can look them up on the net. Also fish them under a float with a power wiggler from berkly.I can out catch live bait 3to1

Post Thanks / Like

try charlie brewer slider crappie grub blk white the go to bait it wont let you down
    fishing from the couch in front of the tv doesnt count

Post Thanks / Like

call this number 859-498-4147( Gary Skidmore )and order a card of black #1 skid jig special you wont be needing anything but a small float (I use a weighted small float) and some power wigglers and 4lb test . If there are fish where you are fishing you can bet the house thy will bite this rig.....Watch out for them big o bass cause they will jump on them to...

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks Guys for the info! Where camn I order some of the keystone minnows? I googled and didn't come up with anything for ordering? Maybe someone from board has them or makes a look a like?
    An ungrateful man is like hog under a tree eating acorns, but never looking up to see where they come from!

Post Thanks / Like

walmart has them

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by MePreach View Post
    Thanks Guys for the info! Where camn I order some of the keystone minnows? I googled and didn't come up with anything for ordering? Maybe someone from board has them or makes a look a like?
    most of the time I can find them at walmart!!

Post Thanks / Like

I think I have caught every species of fish around here on a keystone minnow and I buy mine at Wal-Mart. The local Wal-Marts around Guntersville should carry them.

Post Thanks / Like

skidmore jigs Mr Skidmore from kentucky comes to Guntersville every year to bream fish. search Gary Skidmore jigs

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast