Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Thanks Craig

Post Thanks / Like

Default Thanks Craig

Hope you like your new forum. I know things will get better and so will the questions and answers!Thumbs Up Lets hope some of the other Bio's might jump onboard..

Craig Johnson is offline Moderator "Ask The Biologist" Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by shane View Post
    Hope you like your new forum. I know things will get better and so will the questions and answers!Thumbs Up Lets hope some of the other Bio's might jump onboard..
    Wow! Thanks to Chatt, Shane, and CDC for the upgrade of the 'ask the bio' section! Hopefully this will make things a bit easier for everyone to follow along with changing topics in this section.

One thing to remember is that biologists from across the state have been participating here at CDC, but their info has been posted by me. If one of you asks a question about a water other than one of mine, I check with the bio that does manage that water and I post the info they provide in order to answer the question. I could safely say that I have tapped the knowledge of at least 1/2 to 3/4 of the other fish bios in the state to answer questions here since the 'ask the bio' section began in November 2009.

There are a total of 18 KDWP District Fisheries Biologists covering the 105 counties of Kansas and all work to communicate with their angling constituency using various methods of communication. Some of the bios conduct weekly radio programs, some write weekly newspaper columns, some write magazine columns, all now write district newsletters, all provide weekly fishing reports on the KDWP website, some monitor the KDWP public fishing blogs, and some of us are active on angler boards such as Crappie Dot Com. Unfortunately, due to time constraints we all can't be active in all forms of communication and we must pick and choose a few methods to focus upon. Although it would be great to have numerous active bios here at CDC, it probably isn't going to happen due to other media obligations. However, I will continue to seek out info to answer the questions that are posted here if it pertains to waters outside of my district.

Again, thanks for the upgrade and I look forward to continuing to participate here at CDC!

Post Thanks / Like

Welcome, The idea wasn't mine, it was another members and it was a great idea. Thanks member, you know who you are.