Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Rod Holders, Santee or Driftmaster?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Rod Holders, Santee or Driftmaster?

I've got both a bass boat and a bay boat, so am considering getting a couple of the mounts from Extreme Concepts that attach to the cleats on boats and then let you add either of these two brands of holder. Either seems more than adequate for crappie, but I also troll for striper and drift for catfish. Is one stronger than the other? It seems like they both use 1/2" steel, which should be fine, but before I get a set I'd like to hear some reviews if one is better than the other.

Thanks, my first post here, but have followed the site on and off for a while, as well as catching member posts on the Kerr lake board

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

You might check Hi Tec's out as well...I really like them and use them for everything.
    Home

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

Post Thanks / Like

I use Driftmaster and couldn't be happier. I have T-bars that have 3/8 holders and they are sufficient for anything. I think the fiberglass on my boat would give before the rod holders. If you go with 1/2 inch, I would bet you could sink your boat before it gave. Never seen the Santee, so I don't know what your comparing to.

Yadkin Guide is offline Crappie Wall Hanger * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

Scott, as a guide I use them both. When I am fishing for crappie I mostly use the Driftmaster T-250 Trolling bars with the Driftmaster Lil Pro Rod Holders. These work well with spinning rods and reels. I have bases that will accomodate these trolling bars but are not shown on the website. When I am fishing for stripers or catfish I use the Driftmaster T-118 Trolling Bars with Santee Rod Holders on them. The Santee Rod Holders will cradle a baitcasting reel better which makes adjusting of the reel easier without touching the rod itself. You can also fight a big fish without taking the rod out of the holder or leave it in the holder while you fight another big fish. They are both very tough and will hold your rods securely without damaging your rod. Call me and we will discuss it further.

Post Thanks / Like

I use the 3/8 Drift master and have had 72 lb blue cat on them. They are super and made in here at home. I have been to the plant they are really nice folks.
    I bent one once when 285 lb me fell in water holding on to it but not bad it is still on boat.
    Never had any dealing with Santee so do not know.
    John "There is fine line between sitting there looking stupid and fishing."

"G" is offline Super Duper Moderator - 2012 Crappie.Com Man of the year & 2018 Crappie.com Decade of Exceptional Service Awards * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

I love my HiTeks Home
    I have spent most my life fishing........the rest I wasted.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    PICO Lures Field Rep

Post Thanks / Like

man I have to agree with all those saying HI-TEKS....I like them better than anything I have used.....

-ROMANS 10:9- PHILIPPIANS 4:13

Post Thanks / Like

We really like our "Bee Ready" holders 'round here.
    Bee Ready Rod Holders

Post Thanks / Like

check out cumberland crappie custom rodholders i really like mine

Post Thanks / Like

Give Cumberland Crappie Custom Rod Holders a look I love mine.
    Cabelas, Crappie Magnet, Jenko Fishing, Cumberland Crappie , Slabanator Jigs, and Pure Crappie Tackle.
    Timscatchingcrappie.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast