Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Good People

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good People

Spent the day out on the Eno above Falls Lake. Saw about 4-5 other boats. Other than the 1 boat of green carpers everyone stopped and passed the time of day and offered a hint or 2 or at least a how-do-you-do. Bout noon I met a guy fishing in a bend and we passed a few words. Later he came back to the bend and we talked about the white bass run, he asked some questions and I answered as best I could.
    The fish were stacked up and I was getting a few bumps so I stuck around, the other fellow went off upstream. After about an hour I decided that the crappie had the lock jaw and packed up the long poles. Started hitting some spots that had produced the WB on Saturday.
    Finally got one sandy off a flat and I see the other fellow heading upstream. He cut the engine and told me that he'd found the white bass, caught 10 in 10 and exactly where they were. He then headed farther up to clue in one more guy he'd met that day.
    In a few minutes we were all 3 bangin' the white bass. At some point first guy says .... I frequent a site - Crappie.com. "Me Too, I'm papadave" .... "Oh, I'm Fishengineer, I think you're the one that suggested the Eno".

good people -> a guy who will leave fish biting in order to run downstream & inform a few other folks, folks they have just met and passed a few words with, EXACTLY where the fish are.

Fishengineer is a class act, a fine feller and just plain ole good people!
    You just gonna sit there an argue, or fish?
    ~Claud Ledbetter~

STUMP HUNTER is offline Super Moderator * Crappie.com Supporter * Member Sponsor
    Post Thanks / Like

That's a cool story Thumbs Up. Good to hear y'all got to meet.
    PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER ---------
    Ascend 133X 13' - MotorGuide Xi3 & Mercury 4

Post Thanks / Like

There are quite afew good persons that frequent these pages, sir, most we`ll probably never meet...makes those we do all the more enjoyable, and really mean that...and will confess, do find some are "interesting" to say the least, and will include myself in that number...

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Good story of a good deed. There are several class acts here on CDC. Maybe one day I can be like them.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by skeetbum View Post
    Maybe one day I can be like them.
    Ha! Too funny! Most C.C Mems will help others find fish, few will pass out their Coords. Skeet? How 'bout some?
    Reaper, Where Fish come to Fry