Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Boat ??

Post Thanks / Like

Default Boat ??

Any you guys have experience with a 14ft. Sylvan Super Snapper boat ? My father in law and I bought one used yesterday, came with the trailer, Merc.9.9, 2 trolling motors and a hummingbird fish finder. The thing looks like new and It looks like it will be really stable in the water to me, we bought it for smaller waters around here that his Triton has to much motor for. Think we got a great deal and cant wait to get it in the water

So what do you think ?

thanks, Stan
    Last edited by stanimals2; 03-07-2011 at 05:29 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Not familiar with the brand, but looks like a sweet ride. I sure think it will get the job done.

Post Thanks / Like

Nice looking ride! Might ask over on tinboats, they will prolly know more. I will be lookin for something similar in the future.

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys I am stoked about it

Post Thanks / Like

I had one, and really liked it. Good solid boat, unfortunately they don't hold up when hit by a car while trailering. LOL! A woman pulled out of a shopping center and tee boned the boat, sending it airborne and over a guard rail and into the woods! I think you will be very happy with the boat. I know I wouldn't hesitate to buy another.

cevans is offline Crappie.com Legend * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I used a 14 fter light that many a time up in Canada fishing big water,,they fish great..now I use a 14ft john with a 9.5 on it,,and catch all I want. small boats get into nice tight places better..

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER
    authorized by: Billbob and "G"

skeetbum is offline Crappie.com Legend - Moderator Jig Tying Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

If it's windy and you're alone, fill a 5 gallon bucket w/lid full of water and put it as far forward as you can and tie it in so it doesn't move too much and it will tame down the front while under power. I also used a cooler for a live well and it kept the back of the boat from riding too high while I sat up front. You'll like the boat. I miss my last boat, a 1648 vbow jon. I'll probably have another one day.
    Creativity is just intelligence fooling around

Post Thanks / Like

We have a Sylvan fish and ski, and they are good boats.

They are well built. Ours is a 1993 and it still works like new.
    Lund Rebel XL 1625 Merc 60 4 stroke
    Yamaha T8 Lowrance HDS 5
    Minn Kota 70lb I Pilot 60"

Post Thanks / Like

They build great boats. Especially their top of the line.
    The truth is hard to accept, so is life .

Post Thanks / Like

Well I got the tags for the trailer and the sticker for the boat today so its ready to go. I Spent the last couple of days just going over it and getting it ready, put new plugs in it and fired up the motor with the muffs on it and it purred like a kitten. I am cleaning up the birds nest of wires the guy made and charging the 3 batteries that came with it, I think only one is any good for sure maybe a second so I will buy a new one tomorrow. It came with 2 trolling motors and I am debating putting the 40# one in the front with its own battery for the person in front to use, that would add weight to the front addressing Skeetbums comments. I have the 55# mounted in the rear it just seems silly to me to have 2 trolling motors on a 14ft boat but my father inlaw likes the idea and he will be the one in the front most of the time. I think I am going to add an areator to the live well and I am still trying to figure out how to mount some rod holsers both for storage and fishing, any suggestions ? Its supposed to warm up tomorrow so I might get it in the water if it does, just depends on how my back feels. I have to say it feels great just having it and I LOVE this site!! Thanks to everyone for the replys

Stan

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast