Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Gps

Post Thanks / Like

Question Gps

The Lowrance H2OC has been available for a while now. Any reports good or bad would be appreciated.

Post Thanks / Like

Yes please report, i'm hoping to order one in a few days. Went to Bass Pro last weekend MAINEIAC and looked at several. The H2Oc is the one i'm leaning toward for my first GPS. The feedback i got was mapping is higher priced and harder to install than the Garmins. I sure liked it though...izzy

Post Thanks / Like

I don't have the colored one, mine is black and white, but I have the H2O and I like it. Comparative pricing on the maps I can't help you with as I don't know what others get for theirs. The Map Create software worked quite easily, I thought. As far as putting the maps into the GPS, all you do it drop out the batteries and put in a MMC or SD chip. I haven't had a chance to run it on the water yet but it does roads just fine.

The menu system is easy to get used to. Nice feel to the buttons, they don't feel "breakable" like some of the others that I handled. In short I like mine, the colored screen would only be easier to read.
    Lund Rebel XL 1625 Merc 60 4 stroke
    Yamaha T8 Lowrance HDS 5
    Minn Kota 70lb I Pilot 60"

Post Thanks / Like

I also have the H20..no color but like it a lot. Have MapCreate 6.3 and it is easy to learn and install. I would buy both again. The GPS unit has saved my sorry butt a couple times on big water in Wisconsin with storms coming up fast and getting dark...showed me the way back to the cabin without getting lost.