Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Taking the Boy Scouts Fishing again this year.

Post Thanks / Like

Default Taking the Boy Scouts Fishing again this year.

I have been a Scout Leader for a couple decades now. Long time ago I started a spring tradition, Fishing Campout in late March early April.

Even though I havent been real active with the Troop for the last 5 years, I still get invited to teach Fishing MErit Badge, and then taking them fishing. It's pretty routine now. Friday night set-up camp, cracker barrel. Saturday morning a quicky breakfast, tehn onto the lake as early as possible. Fish until noon, clean fish, eat lunch, hour break, basic Scout skills (firebuilding, toten chip, knife and ax safety, etc.). About 4pm was start dinner, fish fillets, American fries, and corn or peas in a can. Deep fry the fish and fries in a ducth oven over the campfire. Every year its the same from the new Scouts, I dont like fish. Every year its the same, there isnt any fish left, and everybody ate thier fill, inclduing the new Scouts and thier dads..
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Sir, you are helping to ensure our sport has a future, introducing young people to fishing; more importantly, you are helping to mold the next generation of young Americans, teaching deeper values of teamwork, honor, self sufficency, dependability, responsibility, ect. My hat is off to you, sir...

Post Thanks / Like

you are to be commended, guiding our youth is very commendable.

Post Thanks / Like

great job

Post Thanks / Like

x2

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks. I dont consider it a job, its always a great time.
    I enjoy teaching them how to fish, and yes its great that our younger generation gets to experience fresh fish over a campfire like our ancetors did many moons ago.
    HOI Crappie Club
    Where family and friends come to compete for a little more than bragging rights.

Quick, someone teach me how to fish so I can win this tournament!!!