Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Polarized glasses over glasses

Post Thanks / Like

Default Polarized glasses over glasses

I own a pair of Cocoon polarized sunglasses. They fit so-so over my prescription glasses. Polarize is ok. Are there others out there? I might need to replace mine. I can't find the darn things!

Post Thanks / Like

Try Wal Mart, I get them there. They cost 19.00 a lot cheaper than the Cacoons.

Post Thanks / Like

was wondering how those "oversize" sunglasses fit, comfy or more trouble than they're worth. I usually just wear clip ons on my prescription glasses but was wondering about them.
    GO BIG ORANGE !

I meant to behave, but there were just way too many other options available at the time.

Post Thanks / Like

I can wear them all day. Cocoon makes different sizes to better fit your glasses.

Barnacle Bill is offline Super Mod and 2014 Crappie.com Man of the Year * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

I have a pair called Eagle Eyes. Don't remember where or when I got them but they are comfortable, wrap around type and fit over my glasses very well.
    Fair Winds and Following Seas

Bill H. PTC USN Ret
    Chesapeake, Va

Post Thanks / Like

Mine match my glasses perfectly they come with them and clip on by magnets. $25 for extra pair. do not know the name.

Post Thanks / Like

Cocoons are good. You might want to try Fitovers. I worked in Saudi for 21 years... wore those all the time....really keep out the UV. They can be a little pricey but unless it has changed in the last few years they are still made in Austaila....a good product. You can get them in different sizes. They are usually carried at optical places.

Post Thanks / Like

Alphahawk, have you had the Cocoons? I found the Fitovers on Amazon cheaper. How do the compare to each other?

Post Thanks / Like

I just bought another pair of the Fitovers this past week. They cost $63.00 with tax. You can get them in different shades and are polarized. They work great for fishing and being able to see in the water and cutting down the glare. They are very comfortable and come in different widths to accommodate any glass design and width. I got them from my Optical place. EB
    DO-GOODER EXTRADINAR :p

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by gridiron View Post
    Alphahawk, have you had the Cocoons? I found the Fitovers on Amazon cheaper. How do the compare to each other?
    Yes I had both. The thing I like about the Fitover is that all styles come in sizes...with Cocoons the best I remember you had to pick the style that was your size. Both do a good job of keeping out all light unless you want to pop out the side plates...which I would do at times because it would just get so hot. Fitovers are cheaper now than they were 7 or 8 years back. That is unusual. I never thought much about UV until my dentist got a Melanoma behind the eye. He was on KY lake a lot. He was blessed and beat the cancer and ever since then I don't fish without sunglasses. But both are really good products....and in the last couple of years I have noticed optical shops are now carrying Cocoons also.

Regards

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast