Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Uh oh!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Uh oh!

I need the thinkers help on this one please.

The other day I heard my daughter express "uh, oh" as I turned around in my boat seat to see her looking down and see my rod butt disappearing into the depths of the lake.
    I tried to catch with my rod but unsuccesfully.

How would you go about trying to get It back? I tried a magnet on a rod I have at home and it didn't grab anything.
    The rod is in about 17 feet of water and there is not much cover in this area so...
    Thanks for any helpful advice and please (lol) keep the (although rather humorous) comments to a minimum.

Oh, did I mention this was my WIFE's rod and reel given to her by my deceased father! LM.O! What a mess!
    Thanks

Jlittle23

Post Thanks / Like

Most rod and reels won't be able to be picked up by a magnet. Not enough metal. Good luck

Post Thanks / Like

Drag a large spoon/daredevil type with a large or several large treble hooks in hopes of hooking rod or actually some of the fish line-worked for me once, also got a bucket of leaves but hey it was worth it.
    I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it.....

PROUD MEMBER OF TEAM GEEZER

Post Thanks / Like

get a big treble hook and some strong line and drop it down where you last remember seeing it. I had to do this with my fish basket that I droped in about 21ft of water.

Post Thanks / Like

Try dragging a snagging hook through the area. You may catch the line or the rod, either way you can usually get to the other end of the line.
    Lund Rebel XL 1625 Merc 60 4 stroke
    Yamaha T8 Lowrance HDS 5
    Minn Kota 70lb I Pilot 60"

Post Thanks / Like

When the water warms up, put on your speedo and go swimming. Don't do it alone, though.

Post Thanks / Like

I would use a weighted treble hook (snagging hook). Weighted Treble Hooks
    I have used one with good luck before in a farm pond but don't know how well it will work elsewhere.

Post Thanks / Like

my father lost a rod and reel a few summers ago. Trying to snag it with another pole he caught a $200 carrot stick rod. So, that made up for the cheaper combo he lost. lol

Post Thanks / Like

Them guys pretty much covered it,all I can say is Your wife is gonna Kill you. Good Luck

MEMBER CRAPPIE MAFIA

Post Thanks / Like

Default Stringer

Get an old stringer. The metal kind that we used to use. Tie one end to some heavy cord. Open the last three or four hooks on the stringer and drag this across the area. I would drag perpendicular to the area. Especially if you had line out. Also if there was any current where you were. It is possible that it moved down current some.

Hope it helps for you.

Zero

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast