Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bobber Stops

Post Thanks / Like

Default Bobber Stops

I really like those little red dudes where you run your line thru it 4 times. They work great on a cane pole or crappie buster, but if use them on a rod and reel, they evetually bend and hang up on the rod tip. Today I bought the plastic kind that is a tiny little tube with line wrapped around it several times and two tag ends about 2 inches long. No directions included. Somebody please tell me how to rig them. Are they any good? Thanks.

papasage is offline Crappie.com 2011 Man of the Year & Moderator GA * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

that is what i use . run line through tube . slide string off tube toward spinnerand discard the tube . pull the 2 tag ends tight . then trim excess with nail clipperts . i leave enough tag end to retighten with plirec ar finger nails if you don`t bit them off if it gits loose . seams to hold better if wet when pulled tight .
    retired and now i will always fish

Post Thanks / Like

I like the arnoll's brand stop they are smaller than the 4 hole you are talking about and will slide easily through the line guides. You can find them at Walmart just look for the plastic vial with the stops and beads.

Post Thanks / Like

I just tie an overhand loop knot in my line and use a small piece of braided fishing line stuck thru the loop and pull the loop tight.

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Ive had a the string stops get too tight and cant adjust them very well. I use the rubber stops. Im sure they all work, this is what I have run into and what I use.
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

Papasage, I have used these stops for years and like them. Happy Fishing..

Fish Detective
    "May Your Fishing Dreams Come True"

Fish Detective

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks guys. Matt, how do you use the ones you posted the pic off? I'm guessing you go thru one hole, wrap it around the stop once (or twice) and out the other hole.

Post Thanks / Like

Im with Pappasage. If you move the knot much, spit on it so it slids easier. dry, it is hard on the line.

Post Thanks / Like

When I use a stop which is rare I use a rubber band and tie it on the like it reels up pretty easy I have had no problems using this way but like I say I dont do it very much

Post Thanks / Like

The ones that Mopar Matt posted work well, but they will cause severe line twist if you slide them a lot. Any of the ones with the holes in them recomend you wrap the line around the stop. If this is done it will cause the line to twist. I use the four hole kind with great success and no problems. I do not wrap mine. I simply thread the holes. Any of the stops on the market, as I've tried them all, will fail or start loosing integrety after awhile. Ifyou fish a couple of times with any of them and put the rod back up when you get it back out, it isn't going to be much good. It isn't rocket science to figure out the little tiny springs, strings, springs, plastic peices, etc. are might not make it through the day, but ecpecting them to work when they've been on your rod for a while is a little excessive. I've tried to find the best ones and I've settled for the plastic ones. I probably will never switch, I'm that satisfied, but finding what you are comfortable with will just take time. It may not be what works the best, but what your comfortable with. Good luck.
    This only my opinion, but nothing you can say will change my mind. That makes it a FACT.

Today is a Blessed Day and a Prosperous Day

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast