Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0

Thread: Spring checklist

Post Thanks / Like

Default Spring checklist

It' that time of year where you need to do certain checks to make sure your fishing trips go well. I will start with some and i sure others will add some more helpfull advise.
    Do these and you'll have less headaches and more time to fish. First you need to check and repack your wheel bearings on your trailer. Inspect and air your your tires to the specs on the side wall, including your spare. If you have not yet, drain and refill your lower unit. Buy a set of ear muffs to hook up to a water hose and run your engine to make sure its is going to run and you have a steady stream of water coming out the water pump hole. As Beagle Man mentioned, hide a spare key somewhere in the boat. Check your lights on your trailer and your boat so you don't have to mess with that while fishing or trying to drive home at night. Check bilge pump and livewell operation. Make sure you have your drain plug. Check and fill batteries, don't use well water to fill. Charge up all your batteries. Check electrical components, trolling motor, fish locators and gauges. Every spring we hear or see someone on the side of the road that burnt up their wheel bearings and had the wheel come off so take that extra time to have them checked.

Post Thanks / Like

Good list! I'm waiting for warmer weather to work on the boat.....garage isn't heated!!! I always try to have spare fuses in the boat for anything that might go wrong also, That's not fun when you're out fishing and a fuse blows.

Post Thanks / Like

I keep a box of fuses, have been at the ramp many a times and someone needed a fuse, just whip out my little fuse box and walla there on the water. and the extra 20 bucks helps out on gas. .. .... ..... just kidding there free.

check your trailer jack also, loose nuts, check your winch, bad or frayed strap, beards on cables, check your fire extinguisher, and make sure your up to code for the conservation,and water patrol agents, there job is hard enough.

make sure someone knows where your gonna be in case they need to find your ... well,,nnn un can pick you up if you need help.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by beagle man View Post
    I keep a box of fuses, have been at the ramp many a times and someone needed a fuse, just whip out my little fuse box and walla there on the water. and the extra 20 bucks helps out on gas. .. .... ..... just kidding there free.

check your trailer jack also, loose nuts, check your winch, bad or frayed strap, beards on cables, check your fire extinguisher, and make sure your up to code for the conservation,and water patrol agents, there job is hard enough.

make sure someone knows where your gonna be in case they need to find your ... well,,nnn un can pick you up if you need help.
    you may wanna change that 20 to a fifty at the rate gas is going...just say'in
    If we did what was most important in life there
    would be a shortage of Bibles.................and fishing poles