Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Has anybody built their own power pole anchor?

Post Thanks / Like

Question Has anybody built their own power pole anchor?

Trying to figure out a way to make one but manually operated.
    I think the mistake a lot of us make is thinking the state-appointed shrink is our friend.

Post Thanks / Like

saw a boat the other day with a 2" eyebolt on the front with a 10' piece of emt conduit shoved through it... worked excellent.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BlackWidow View Post
    saw a boat the other day with a 2" eyebolt on the front with a 10' piece of emt conduit shoved through it... worked excellent.
    Here's one I was looking at. Dig IN Shallow Water Anchors - An INEXPENSIVE Power Pole Style ANCHOR

Post Thanks / Like

25 years ago when I lived in Florida my father made poles to do this. Most of the fishermen did the same. They used 2" round solid wood (pine) 15' or so tapered at one end and sealed with a sealer. Very easy to make. Not very heavy and cost way less!! Don't need a fancy pole holder. A tied loop at the front and back of the boat for the pole to slide in is all you need. My father still uses the same poles he made 25+ years ago.

Post Thanks / Like

I've got what we call a "walking stick" for my boat. I made a "plate" out of aluminum with a circle in it, and it mounts to the bow of my boat. I've got two hand rails that I use for the "stick", each length is specific to the water depth I'm fishing. One pole is about 10 feet long, and the other is 16 feet long. These work great for fishing shallow water where the fish are spooked easily. I can "walk" myself through the shallow water, and when I get on a spot that seems to be hot, I just push the pole down into the mud, and I'm pegged off and won't go anywhere. The longer pole works on the same principle, but it is a little tougher to "walk" the boat with in deeper water, so we use the trolling motor to get close to where we want to fish, and then use the pole to move in over the structure and peg off. Wind isn't an issue when you're pegged off and you can walk wherever you need to in the boat without getting blown off the "X". Now, the one thing that these don't work to well on is a real hard, sandy or rocky bottom. I've only come across a few situations where I wasn't able to fish a spot without having to drop an anchor.

Ranger690 is offline Crappie.com Legend and 2021 Crappie.com Man of the Year
    Post Thanks / Like

Here is a neat one. Check out the videos.

Original shallow water anchor system makes anchoring fast, quite

I just made a Cajun Anchor type pole at work. Used it yesterday in a pretty strong wind. It worked great.

Cajun Anchor - Spear Anchor - Fishing Anchor

Gonna make one more so will have a front and rear. I like it. Amazing to see how deep the thing went into the bottom.

Dayton

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by mduncan62 View Post
    I like this style best. I think I might just build the brackets and buy a pole from them unless I can find something locally.

"Keep talkin smack and I'll make ya famous !!!"
    B&L Marine Pro Staff

Post Thanks / Like

Randy Andres

Post Thanks / Like

Save your money
    I bought my pole from Graingers for $28.45 plus tax.
    Here is the item # 4alt9 Rod ISO natural 3/4 in Dia x 10 ftThumbs Up

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Daniel View Post
    Save your money
    I bought my pole from Graingers for $28.45 plus tax.
    Here is the item # 4alt9 Rod ISO natural 3/4 in Dia x 10 ftThumbs Up
    +1 see my thread here http://www.crappie.com/crappie/flori...in-anchor.html if ya want to get real fancy go over to microskiff and hit up anytide, he makes all kinds of mounts for them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast