Likes Likes:  0
Thanks Thanks:  0
HaHa HaHa:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I thought I lost you guy's

Post Thanks / Like

Default I thought I lost you guy's

Just found the Thread again didn't find it in( other fish) I thought it must have been deleted.

Anyhow striper still being caught on Lake Norman now in the area of the State Park and creeks North of State park in 20 ft. of water and less. Boated another double yesterday my 14 th of the season. My season total now is at 172 striper beginning Nov. 5th ;72 since 1/1/11 Hitting swim baits on U-rigs pulled at 15-18 ft

Anybody looking for striper beside me?

Last edited by reelsmoke; 03-05-2011 at 10:43 AM.

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

Thats some great sucess. Are those good eating?
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

I know lot's of people that rank them among the best of fish, they had a red streak in them that you have to trim out just cut down both sides of the fillet and they are GREAT grilled or cut into 1'' cubes and fried in 375f peanut oil for 3 min.

Here's both of my favorite way's

Post Thanks / Like

Man that looks good, ive got some white bass in the freezer that I need to break out...
    Hey what are you sprinkling on top, I use Mrs Dash , butter garlic,and love it...
    PJ
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me,,

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by puddle jumper View Post
    Man that looks good, ive got some white bass in the freezer that I need to break out...
    Hey what are you sprinkling on top, I use Mrs Dash , butter garlic,and love it...
    PJ
    I use a little Old bay seasoning.Tony's Creole seasoning( www.tony's Chachere's .com) some Paprika, butter, fresh Lemon juice wrap in foil and grill until it starts to flake with a fork about 30 min med. heat

barrelslime is offline Moderator White Bass/Striper/Hybrid Forum * Crappie.com Supporter
    Post Thanks / Like

This would go good with it to
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Personal Best 17 1/2"
    " Let us endeavor so to live, that when we come to die, even the undertaker will be sorry." Mark Twain

Post Thanks / Like

How about white bass, do they have the red streak that needs to be trimmed or do ya just fillet them like a crappie
    Personal Best 17 1/2"

Post Thanks / Like

I'm not sure about white bass but if they have it you will clearly see it, in the 5 lb striper it's 3/4 inch wide right in the middle, and yes corn bread in the dutch oven looks good to me

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by reelsmoke View Post
    I use a little Old bay seasoning.Tony's Creole seasoning( www.tony's Chachere's .com) some Paprika, butter, fresh Lemon juice wrap in foil and grill until it starts to flake with a fork about 30 min med. heat
    Sweet I have used the old bay, I will have to try the Tony's,,,
    Thanks,
    PJ
    I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me,,

Post Thanks / Like

Yes they have a red streak.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast